I am an exotic dancer , I want to get a BBL , but when will i be able to go back to work after the surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

For my patients, I recommend no strenuous activities for 6-8 weeks following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift the procedure takes 2-4 hours. In my practice I would like to see the patient stay around for at least a week to 10 days after surgery. I understand that there is an expense associated with travel, and hotels. The bottom line this real serious surgery and there should be close follow up for at least a week.That's not to say that things can not happen after that. I feel that it's hard as it is when patient are from out town. Leaving immediately after your surgery would not give us the opportunity to adequately care for you and make sure that you are the acute phase before you leave.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Most patients will need 4 to 6 weeks before returning to exercise. 

Beverly Hills, CA

BBL

After BBL, to get back to exotic dancing 2-4 weeks.
Provided all is going well, then by the second week you can resume exotic dancing with no vigorous activity. by the 4th week you are back to normal

Brazilian butt lift

Hello and thank you for the question. 
The Brazilian butt lift involves both liposuction and fat transfer.  The surgery takes 2+ hours to complete and is done out patient. 
Being a dancer, like many jobs,  requires some physical activity.  It's important to remember that the fat can take 2+ weeks to establish new circulation. Dieing that time,  the fat is very vulnerable.  Too much activity too early,  can harm the healing process and cause some of the fat to die. The microcirculation keeping the fat alive doesn't become durable until around 6 weeks after surgery. 

A safe recommendation would be to avoid work for at least a month. If your dancing is more like gymnastics on stage,  then longer would be advised. 

As always it is best for you to be healthy,  no smoking, and make sure that any health conditions you have are managed by your primary care physician. 

Best to you 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

BBL and exotic dancers

Exotic dancing is very vigorous exercise, and with BBL patients they should wait 2-3 weeks to go back to  most activities.  Always best to review with your surgeon.