I am considering getting a BA later this year but cannot decide on size! Help! Small overs advice? (photos)

I hear that everyone wishes they went bigger but I really don't want to be huge or have a fake look. I just want a little more fullness! Even though I have some breast tissue to start with, when I wear a push-up bra or bathing suit with padding, To get any cleavage at all, my nipples show..so I'm SOL! I want to get natural looking implants and a nipple reduction. I am 5'8" and 150 and usually wear a 36a or b. I was leaning toward 285-300cc but will that still look small on my frame? I have talked to a Board Certified Surgeon and we talked about 300-350 but I think that may be too large for me. I just want to be a full B, small C.

Breast augmentation with 300-350cc implants

It sounds like you've done your homework!  I do believe you can get very nice results and 300-350cc implants sound like a great size for you.  For the nipple reduction, we'd need to discuss this in order for me to get exactly what you want.  However, getting breast implants should increase the fullness and volume of your breasts very nicely.  Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, 

Baltimore plastic surgeon

BA evaluation

Hello and thank you for your questions and the all of the photos you provided. I wish you the best in finding the right answers and there are a lot of great answers and information on the forum here. Remember, it is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. Bringing several photos of your "ideal" look can be helpful as well. During the consultation is a review and discussion about several things including the need for a breast lift with or without an implant, incision location, implant placement, implant size, shape, type as well as the expected recovery period. I take personal care of all my patients to ensure optimum and safe results. There are several key differences and some similarities in the types and shapes of breast implants. It is best to see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

I am considering getting a BA later this year but cannot decide on size! Help! Small overs advice?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Breast Implant size - pre-op

Not all patients feel they should have gone larger.  To be honest with adaquate planning the vast majority of our patients feel they have the perfect size!  We find that an extra pre-operative  office visit, dedicated to a discussion on implant size only,  following the initial  informative  consultation is WELL worth the time.  During that visit you will meet with my breast implant  patient coordinator and focus on the best size and implant option for you .  We have adopted this consultative,  educational, and decision making protocol  5 years ago and this has tremendously helped our patients make the right choices !

Best Wishes 

J Vogel, MD

James Vogel, MD

Breast augmentation and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and photos. Your wish breasts are likely in the 250cc implant size range-however your implant size will depend on a measurement of the base width of your breast. For many important reasons your implants should be placed under the muscle-implant edges will be visible if your implants are placed on top of the muscle and the risk of capsular contracture will be higher on top of muscle.You do have mammary ptosis-the nipple is close to below the fold under your breast. In this situation you will need a lift in addition to implants. Hopefully a periareolar breast lift with only an incision around the areola will suffice-this would also allow reduction of the areola.Please please consult at least two board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in breast surgery. This is a complex procedure and you need an experienced expert plastic surgeon.For more on sizing please read the link below:

Best implant size for BA

Hello!It is hard to say what size would be best without trying sizes on. To assure patients are comfortable with the implant chosen, I take measurements of the chest and they place implants in a bra to simulate the result. We have implants with different levels of projection which gives you room to make your best choice. The implant volumes aren't really helpful as a guide to what you should get. If you thought 350cc was too big, then you should look at a smaller size for sure. You need to be comfortable.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast augmentation and a small lift

I can not guide you into a specific implant without seeing you in person but you look like you need a lift as well. Best of luck.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation, and you may or may not benefit from a lift also--this could be determined best with an in-person consultation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD