I'm 62 years old female. 7 days post op Brazilian Butt Lift (1000 cc's in each cheek). What percentage might I lose? (photos)

I read somewhere on line that post-menopausal women lose about 50% of grafted fat. Has this been your experience? I don't think my before pics will really help, but I posted them anyway.

How Much Fat Will Be Lost?

Thank you for your question? You will loose about half of the fat injected, it will just get absorbed into the bloodstream.  Best of luck! 

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Fat loss after brazilian butt lifts.

BBLs are ver technique driven. The first thundred BBLs I performed retained about fifty percent of their original volume. This percentage has been inching up ever since. See a board certified plastic surgeon who does a ton of Brazilian butt lifts and ask him, or her, what is your retention rate? Don't settle for vague answers. Ask to see photos and to talk to patients in your age group who had Fat transfers, and ask the patients how much they feel was left after six months. Do your research and don't fall for hype. All surgeries carry risks, and disappointment is the most common risk in BBLs. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon