Would I be able to get a TT and lipo at this size and weight? (Photo)

Would I b able to get tt and lipo at this size and weight 282

Would I be able to get a tummy tuck and lipo at this size and weight?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.

As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.

Having said the above, occasional patients do benefit from panniculectomy surgery as a “jumpstart” to achieving their final goals.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider your options. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck - Weight loss first

Thank you for your question and photo. I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Candidate?

It is hard for me to give you my best recommendation from photos alone.  You should contact a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon for an in-person consultation.  However, I usually recommend that patients lose some weight through diet and exercise before pursuing #liposuction or a #tummytuck.

#Abdominoplasty #candidates have:

-excess abdominal skin which may sag

-a disproportionate or protruding abdomen

-weakened or separated abdominal muscles

-excess fat concentrated in the abdomen

-Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed.

Abdominal contour improvement

In order to get the most optimal result I would recommend a period of weight loss prior to surgical intervention. Based on the pictures I would say that if you had surgery at the current state you would not be achieving the result you would be looking for. I recommend that my patients get down to their goal weight prior to surgical intervention. This minimizes the risk of complications and also decreases the likelyhood of needing secondary revisions.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

TT and lipo candidate

Thank you for your question and photos.  You can get the surgery but make sure you are at least within 15 lbs of your goal weight because if you plan on losing any weight after, it will effect the results.  I recommend consulting a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals so you can get a better idea of what the best choice for you is.  Good luck with everything!
Dr. Tag

Weight for tummy tuck

You should be close to your idea body weight to achieve the best result.  I will often recommend physician supervised weight loss programs for those that are having difficulty reaching their goals.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and lipo at 280 lbs.

All surgeries carry risks, and weighing over 200 lbs increases all those risks, but I routinly perform tummy tucks and lipo suction on patients like you, when there are no other health risks. I think that my being 264lbs a few years ago, made me sympathetic to patient weight issues. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who operates at a certified facility and has done a ton of tummy tucks in patients over 200 lbs and you I'll be in good hands.

Please note that tummy tucks and liposuctions are not a weight reduction method, so after the surgery is done and you have recovered, you will need to at least match what the surgeon took off of you (in weight) or you won't see much of a difference. Good luck.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and liposuction candidates

Thank you for your photos and yes, it appears as though you're a good candidate for those procedures.  I would need to see you in person to give you an exact answer, but a tummy tuck with lipo suction would most likely help to remove the excess skin from your lower belly and to tighten the muscles.  The liposuction would be great for your waist. 

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

BMI

We look at BMI,  if your BMI is under 30, you are a candidate. I would suspect that with your weight your doctor might recommend that you first lose weight. 

The reason we look at BMI is because the risk of complications increase dramatically.

It is best to be at your "realistic" weight prior to surgery, as long as it falls within the BMI criteria.  Very few individuals are at their ideal weight.  By realistic weight, I mean that no matter how much you exercise, no matter how much you diet - your weight remains stable.

Best to seek the recommendation of a surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery.