Would I be a good candidate for under eye fillers? (photos)

I am not interested in anything invasive at this time, but my eye "bags" really bother me. Would Restylane provide improvement?

Fillers for Under Eye Hollows / Bags

Thank you for sharing your question. Based on the photo you have provided; you are a great candidate for under eye filler. In my practice, I have had excellent results using Restylane to this area. I also recommend finding an injector who is experienced with the cannula technique, which is essentially bruise-less and allows filler to be evenly distributed with only one entry point per side. Please consult with a board certified specialist for an in person assessment and more specific recommendations.

Best of luck.

Tear troughs

Hello, and thanks for your question.

I do think you would benefit from a small amount of a soft filler in your tear troughs. In the tear troughs, I generally like to use soft hyaluronic fillers such as Restylane Silk or Belotero, but every patient is a little different. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for under eye fillers?

Would I be a good candidate for under eye fillers? (photos) Baltimore MD
-Hello, Yes, you would be an excellent candidate for under eye filler. I would specifically recommend Restylane for this area. Please go to someone who has experience injecting under the eyes as this is a tricky area and this is an off label usage. There could be significant problems in this area so you want to make sure who ever you go to has years of experience in dealing with this area. This should not be done by anyone but a board certified physician in dermatology or plastic surgery. Good Luck, Dr. Downie.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial filler to reduce lower eyelid bags

Yes, Restylane is a good option to consider to improve lower eyelid bags. Facial fillers, such as Restylane, to treat eye bags generally provide better aesthetic results for younger patients vs. older patients. Older patients might do better with surgery.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler to the lower eyelids

Thank you for your photos.  They demonstrate an early but appropriate example of a situation where filler to the lower eyelids would help to fill in the mild tear trough your photos demonstrate.  I would caution that based on your photos that very little filler would be necessary for a good result.  Restylane comes in 1/2 cc syringes and I might suggest starting with that. 

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler along the tear trough may help blend the step-off you see from the herniated fat and the orbital rim.

Fillers Under the Eye

Hi and thank you for your question!

Yes, it appears that you would benefit from Restylane in this area. That is our product of choice for that area, as we feel it has the most longevity and overall result. Most patients need anywhere from 1-2 syringes. Also, a good eye cream can help, we often recommend iS Clinical's youth eye.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Hello Rms724,

You do look like a good candidate for under eye filler.  They act to help camouflage the transition between your lower eye and nose/cheek caused by fat around the eye pushing out.  I like to use Restylane.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist who performs his or her own injections to go over the treatment as well as the other options that exist for this area.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for the lower lids

I have seen great results using fillers in the lower lids when there is mile to moderate volume loss and very little fat herniation. I prefer either Restylane or Belotero in this area. From your photo, you appear to be a good candidate for this.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lids

rms724, be careful in this area; there is a risk of going blind from the injections although it is extremely rare, I still tell my patients and it is part of the consent. When you are ready for surgery see an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and make sure they know how to perform a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty". This procedure gives the most natural long term results and there is little risk in experienced hands. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon