Has my chin implant been placed properly? Can it be corrected or will it just make things worse? (photos)

I had a chin implant with lipo done about 5 years ago and I have always been very unhappy with both. The implant looks asymmetrical and placed incorrectly. It's very noticeable when I smile. 

Chin Implant Asymmetry

You have obvious chin implant asymmetry. One side of the implant sits higher than the other side. That can be corrected by repositioning the implant and securing it into its new centered position.

Chin implant revision surgery

A certain level of asymmetry of the face and chin is normal and expected. Modifying the implant is a possible solution to improve symmetry. However, would revision chin implant surgery be worth it? It would be difficult to determine without examination by a surgeon.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant removal and replacement

A thorough examination of the chin area is required to determine what size, shape of implant has been placed, and whether or not  it has been placed in the proper position.    For more information, diagrams of the chin implants and many before and after examples, please see the link and the video below 

Chin Implant

In person examination and review of the operative note and the type of implant is needed before an advise can be discussed.

Chin Implant Malposition

If you did not have the asymmetry before surgery, it is possible that your implant may be in the incorrect position.  It also may be possible that your jaw may be asymmetrical that may be enhancing the undesirable result.  Since you are not happy with the result, I would suggest a revision operation.  This may involve either re-contouring the bone of the chin, replacing the implant, or adjusting the current implant. Hope this helps!  Dr. Sajan

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician