How many cc's of Juvederm would be best for me? (photos)

I wanted to get Juvederm injections in my lips but am not sure how many cc's to go with. I'm going for a pouty more full look and am thinking 1.5 cc. What would you recommend? Without going over board of course! I will attach a photo of what my lips look like currently.

How many cc's of Juvederm

Hello orleann94,

Thank you for posting your question. You have a fuller lower lip naturally, so I would suggest adding some volume to your top lip and maybe a little to the lower. I always recommend starting conservatively using at a max 1cc to start. In a couple weeks you may decide to do more and can get re injected. Hope this helps!

Dr. Michael Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Hi orleann94
You have a fuller bottom lip and would benefit adding a little juvederm in your upper lip.  Best advice would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to have the best product and amount injected.  Its always better to start conservative.  You can always go back a couple of weeks later once swelling has subsided to add more achieving your desired look. 

Best of luck

Juvederm for lip augmentation

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You already have nice lips. It is important to maintain a natural appearance. Start with 1cc and let a couple of weeks pass to see if you achieve your desired appearance. You can always add more later. See an expert injector who uses multiple fillers and can choose the best product for you. Good luck,

How many cc's of Juvederm would be best for me?

You always start with a single syringe and see how it looks. You can see the difference immediately.  If you want more, then you can use part or all of a second 1 cc syringe.  You can reinject  at any time, so if you decide you want more later on, you can have that done as well.  Best of luck.

Janet Woodyard, MD

Hello orleann94,

Keep in mind you can always add more.  If you are over injected then something can be used to remove the product but it gets rid of all of it.  I would start with a syringe and see how that looks.  After 7-10 days if you'd like more then another syringe could be opened. I'd also recommend you be conservative to avoid having an overdone look.  

I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist for an in person evaluation to determine what is the best treatment.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to lips

Typically the Nurse Injectors at our practice start with a 1.0 cc syringe of Juvederm. That will give you some fullness to the lips without looking over injected. We would then schedule a follow up a few weeks after the initial injection (after the swelling has gone down) to see if any additional product is needed. 

Juvederm lip injection question

Thank you for your question.  I like to inject lips in a gradual progressive fashion. I would start out with a 1 mL syringe. Sometimes, not even that much is required. Remember, you can always have more injected, but it is difficult to remove or dissolve the filler once it's in place. Good luck.

Filler to lips

I often start out with 1 syringe and see how it looks. If the patient wants more I'll add it at that point or if they are unsure, I'll have them wait two weeks for the swelling to subside.

Lip injection

There is no reason to commit to a certain volume of filler from the outset.  Start with 1 syringe and then assess.  In my opinion 1 syringe will be MORE than enough to achieve a pouty look.  You don't want your lips to overwhelm the rest of your face.  Be well.

Estee Williams, MD

Lip augmantation

The lower lip seems full and good. Start with good communication with your plastic surgeon as to the desired result for the upper lip and the lower lip.
May start with Rystalane one cc look at the results as the injection is done and participate in the decision making.You can add more at a later stage if desired