Is BroadBand Light a good option to help reduce facial redness?

I have facial redness, it is uneven and mainly focused on my chin and cheeks. My laser surgeon suggested BBl or Broad Band light and i would like to get more opinions or innformation regarding this. Thank you as always.

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

I often combine IPL with fractional laser to get the best outcomes. I suggest consulting with a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer

BBL for facial redness

In many cases BBL is an effective treatment for facial redness.  Usually it is helpful to do a series of treatments spaced about one month apart. BBL treatment is safest for patients with lighter skin who don't have a tan.  The most important factor is the experience of the person doing your treatment.  I also utilize pulsed dye laser for facial redness but the disadvantage of PDL is that it can cause temporary bruising or purpura.  BBL does not typically cause bruising so I usually will start with that.
Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial redness laser....

Than you for your question.  BBL a form of IPL is a good treatment for diffuse redness.  However, the gold standard treatments currently for redness involve the use of lasers, like the Excel V and Pulsed Dye laser, and not lights like IPL.  The Excel V particularly in combination with Genesis V yields superior results and fewer treatments to any form of broadband light (IPL).  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon