What would be the best approach to a curvier tighter body? I'm stuck in between BBL or TT or mommy makeover? (Photos)

Im 5'9 bmi is 33 two pregnancies. My stomach protudes i have lower belly pooch. With stretch marks everything jiggles. Im like skiny fat i also think of fat w/butt implants my butt is so long and flat

I'm stuck in between BBL or TT or mommy makeover?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your pictures and questions.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for TT and Liposuction on your back, flanks and waist those procedures will give you a shapier and tiny figure. 

The most important is how to choose your surgeon, this have to be a Board Plastic surgeon and then make an evaluation in person, to see what are your goals y needs.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

What would be the best approach to a curvier tighter body? I'm stuck in between BBL or TT or mommy makeover?

I think that BBL and tummy tuck would be reasonable.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and photos.

Mommy make over is just a nickname for a combination of two or more procedures. You already seem to be a good candidate for a TT combined with a lipo, and if you like add the fat transfer. i recommend you to contact a boawrd certified PS and go over all your concerns.

best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Much more information is necessary to provide you with useful advice. My best suggestion:  Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals/concerns/questions.  Then, after this consultation process, you will come up with the best plan to achieve your desired outcome. Best wishes.

Brazilian Butt Lift, Tummy Tuck, And/Or Mommy Makeover

Good news - you have many options. However, know that in-person examination is the best way to get a personalized plan.

• For your breasts:
    • Difficult to make a recommendation without an examination or photo. Do you want them bigger, smaller, perkier?
    • Can usually be done at same time as tummy tuck
  • For your abdomen: 
    • Tummy tuck without liposuction
    • Tummy Tuck with liposuction of abdomen and flanks (but this fat won't be available when you want to do your BBL down the road)
    • No BBL at the same time - reasoning is written below
    • Can usually be done at same time as breast surgery
  • For your buttocks:
    • Liposuction of flanks, hips, sacrum, lower back to get that s-curve and hourglass shape without the need for a Brazilian Butt Lift
    • Brazilian Butt lift first, to maximize the amount of fat removed from your abdominal area in addition to the fat taken from your flanks, hips, sacrum, lower back, etc. followed by a tummy tuck months later once the scar tissue has softened in the abdominal area. No tummy tuck at the same time - reasoning is written below!

Tummy tuck and breast surgery can be done at the same time. I would recommend separating the BBL from your tummy tuck procedure. For the tummy tuck, when you're not up and walking around, you'll likely be most comfortable in a beach chair position. This position puts pressure on your buttocks. In my practice, after a BBL, I advise my patients to place no pressure whatsoever on the buttocks for SIX weeks. This starts immediately after the procedure in the recovery room - patients are flat on their stomach. Premature pressure will kill the fat and give you a flat-shaped buttocks. If a tummy tuck is done well, you really can't lay flat on your stomach after a tummy tuck as during the procedure, you're are placed in a semi-bent position to maximize the amount of skin that can be removed. Yes, it's inconvenient to have two procedures, but it's more inconvenient to need revision surgery that could've been avoided by giving each procedure it's due respect and recovery time. Also, getting down to a BMI of

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

A Face To Face Consultation would be needed to see what procedure you need.

At my practice i don't perform those two procedure.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

BBL/Tummy Tuck/ Mommy Makeover?

Hello!

Looking at your photos I would say that BBL + Tummy Tuck would be a great combination for you. Of course it's always a good idea to see a plastic surgeon in person to review your history, any surgeries and to do a proper exam. Mommy Makeover indicates you might want breast work done - so an exam would be helpful for that as well. Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Tummy tuck and bbl

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A BBL can be performed at the same time for improved buttock and waist contour.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

BBL , Tummy tuck? Mommy makeover?

Thanks for your question and the photos. From the pictures and your concerns it sounds like you are on the right track. Tummy tuck, which tightens the skin and abdominal wall muscles will generally help with the "pooch" Liposuction alone removes fat, but doesn't tighten skin well and does not tighten the abdominal wall. In areas where your skin tone is good liposuction can help to take down bulges and enhance your contours. From your photos this looks like a good possibility around your waist, hips and possibly back.  This alone can make the buttock look curvier, but if needed the fat removed from these areas and even the lower tummy could be used to enhance the buttock volume and curvature.  Your PS will have to evaluate these areas and your overall health to guide you in what can be realistically and safely accomplished, but I hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon