What abdominal procedure would you recommend for me? (Photo)

I recently lost 100 lbs after bariatric surgery. It's clear that my tummy needs work done, but I don't know what procedure would produce the best results. I started at 246 lbs, but now weigh 142, which is a healthy weight. I can see that there is some fat in my belly that may need to be lipo'd out. Would you suggest a tummy tuck/belt lipectomy/abdominoplasty? I also will definitely need a thigh lift and a breast augmentation somewhere down the road. Sorry the picture is showing up upside down.

What abdominal procedure would you recommend for me?

You will need, at the minimum, a tummy tuck. With your amount of weight loss,a circumferential lower body lift will likely give a better result as it corrects sagging skin of the hips, outer thighs and buttocks. Congratulations on your weight loss and be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck - After Weight Loss

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your massive weight loss!!  Based upon photos provided, you appear to be a good candidate for a circumferential body lift. The skin excision and abdominal muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved.  I specialize in post massive weight loss surgery and would be happy to see you for a complimentary consultation. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck and liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question. Based on your information and photos you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure with liposuction to your waist to provide a 360 degree improvement in order to get a beautiful flat abdomen, and to maximize feminine curves. A breast augmentation and a thight lift can also be perfomed in the same surgery if you dont have any medical conditions. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy Tuck

After large weight loss, the loose skin usually responds best to a full tummy tuck. Inner thighs and/or breasts may be addressable at the same time or at another procedure.  That would depend upon your exam and medical clearance, which would be discussed during consultation.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options,  talk about your goals and any concerns you may have, then work together to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve the look you desire.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question.Congratulations on your weight loss!  From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Abdominal improvement

Hello and thank you for your question.   Congratulations on your weight loss.  There are many possible options to help your achieve your goals.  The best advice will come from an in-person consultation.  You are an excellent candidate for either a tummy tuck or a belt lipectomy.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Congratulations on your weight loss.
Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring after weight loss

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  From what I can see, you are a great candidate for body contouring.  The choice of surgery really depends on your ultimate goals.  A tummy tuck will address the front of your abdomen and if you combine with some flank liposuction can help improve the contour.  If you are concerned about skin laxity in your lateral thighs and upper buttock, then you may wish to combine with a body lift type procedure.  The advantages of a body lift are complete circumferential treatment of loose skin.  The downside is longer surgery and recovery and higher price.  Best to check with a few board certified plastic surgeons and pick the one with whom you fell most comfortable.  Best regards,MHS

Which abdominal procedure

This totally depends on the skin laxity and YOUR GOALS. There are advantages and disadvantages to each option so have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon experienced in body contouring surgery after massive weight loss to discuss this. All will provide notable change just "more" surgery, "more" change.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD