3 days post op, is this bruising normal? (Photos)

Worrying a bit about the bruise forming under my left breast

Bruising after augmentation

Some bruising is normal How much bruising is not will depend upon your physical exam. The photo does not look bad. If you are concerned, see your surgeon.

Post Op Bruising

A few days after surgery, dark bruises can appear and settle with gravity. This can be normal and will typically resolve within two weeks however I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to assess you in order to rule out hematoma and to make sure that you have proper blood flow in the areolas.

All the best

Bruising

Thank you for your quesiton.

You can experience some bruising after surgery which is normal. I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in person evaluation. From the photo you posted it appears you have a little more swelling on the left side along with the bruising, you want to make sure you do not have a hematoma on that side. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Bruising following Breast Augmentation surgery

Thank you for your question. Bruising following Breast Augmentation surgery is a normal and expected occurrence, and it is not uncommon to experience somewhat asymmetrical bruising. It also appears from your photos that you have a bit more bruising around your left nipple than your right. If you have continued concerns, it is always a good idea to contact your own plastic surgeon's office. 

Normal

Your bruising looks normal but I would just make sure that you do not have a hematoma.  It is difficult to access without preoperative photos and other surgical infos.  You probaboly are ok but I would have you seen.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Postop bruising

Thank you for your question.  Bruising and swelling are not uncommon after surgery but if there is a significant difference from on one side I would suggest contacting your PS to discuss your concerns.