I'm 276 pds and I'm ok with my weight but I wanted to get a bbl.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I will recommend you to lose weight first, it is very important for you to be healthy for the procedure, and also to have better results your bmi has to be under 33 to have the procedure done.

You may want to consider losing some weight to improve the safety of the procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL in overweight patients

If you are interested in enhancing the shape of your back, and want a more curvy (less boxy) silhouette, a BBL can be considered at any weight. All surgeries carry risks and your high BMI is a concern, but your overall health is more important than a number. 

If your expectations are realistic, and you understand that your front will "Not" be improved, consult a  board certified plastic surgeon who does a ton of Brazilian butt lifts, operates at a certified facility, and ask him or her; how many Brazilian butt lifts have you performed on patients who looks like me? Do not settle for a vague answer and you'll be in good hands.  

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Not safe for elective surgery

You may be ok with your weight but you should consider losing some weight to enjoy a healthy life as you get older. The complications including - heart disease, joint breakdown, spinal degeneration and much more will not take long to arrive.  Use your money to get some good nutritional counseling and a personal trainer.  

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

The recommended BMI is less then 30 for heath and safety reason. 

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation. 

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL and BMI

In my opinion, you would need to go down to a lower BMI to reduce your risk of complications. Best of luck.

BBL

Every doctor will have a slightly different protocol based on their beliefs and experiences but most will agree that having a BMI above 30 isn’t optimal for elective cosmetic surgery. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. If your BMI is higher than 30 then that is considered obese which isn’t optimal for undergoing elective cosmetic surgery and it puts you at a higher risk of delayed healing so it would be best for you to try and get your BMI down to around 30 or lower. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results because weight fluctuation can cause a change in your results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. Once you are at your goal weight, you may benefit from a Brazilian butt lift to achieve your cosmetic goals. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon