20 years old want a brow lift for elevation, also to help overly hooded eyelids. (photos)

I am 20 years old and would like a brow lift because I have always wanted my brows to sit up higher. I've tried botox, but it doesn't give me quite the lift I am looking for. I have also really wanted to fix my upper eyelids because they are very hooded. Would a brow lift also help with my eyelids, and do you think this is a reasonable solution to fixing both desires? I also thought this would save a little cost, too, as opposed to getting both eyelid and eyebrow procedures.

You do not need a browlift

I know this sounds weird coming from a facial plastic surgeon, but please do not have a browlift at age 20.  I find myself giving more and more conservative advice on Realself.  You have natural, youthful, somewhat exotic looking eyes and brows.  Look at supermodels from other countries and you will see that they have similar brows.  I know it's hard at age 20 to accept this kind of advice, but I truly think you should embrace your beauty and avoid invasive procedures that are not intended for your age.  A trichophytic brow lift?  If this goes perfectly in the best hands, you will still have a scar all the way across your hairline for the rest of your life.  Please think about it...

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift in a 20 year-old

A brow lift may be performed in younger patients, only if appropriate. Plastic surgeons will generally suggest to avoid a brow lift until much older (ex. 40's and up). An alternative to a brow lift is upper eyelid surgery, to help "open" the eyes more. Upper eyelid surgery can be a more reasonable option for even young patients like yourself, again only if appropriate. Only a comprehensive evaluation can help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift at age 20

I would not recommend getting a brow lift at age 20. You are too young to be undergoing facial procedures that most get in their 50's and 60's.

Russell Ashinoff, MD, FACS
Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

Browlift or Botox? A chemical browlift can be achieved with botox injections.

I agree that having a browlift at your young age is probably not the best advice. I am also in favor of a chemical browlift with Botox (performed by an expert injector). Botox can give the brow a few millimeters of elevation that most likely will give the look you desire.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift candidate for low eyebrows

At age 20, you do not need a brow lift procedure. The photographs do demonstrate mildly low eyebrows and full upper eyelids, which is very attractive, especially in many of the female models today. Best to leave well enough alone.

20 years old want a brow lift for elevation, also to help overly hooded eyelids.

You also need to consider you have a large brow to hairline distance. I would try more expert injected BOTOX for foreheads lifting... 

You do have some heaviness of the brow and upper eyelids.  This is considered attractive and many people will try to get this look with fillers into the brow area.  If you look in the mirror and hold up your brows and like the way it looks, then you might want to consider a surgical browlift of which there are many options. I would doubt very much that you need an upper eyelid surgery.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift and Reduction of Eyelid Hooding in 20 Year Old Lady

A brow lift will not only mprove brow position but it will also decrease the upper eyelid hooding. In front of the mirror lift your brows to the desired position and then evaluate your upper eyelids; it is very unusual that a young lady like yourself will need any eyelid work. I strongly recommend the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision technique that we described many years ago; you do not want to elevate your hairline which will happen with all other surgical approaches.

Brow lift

A brow lift does affect the upper eyelids.  At your age would recommend a non invasive brow lift using ultherapy.   We offer free consults.  Visit us at m-body.com

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon