19 years old- damage from sun bed use over the years- Botox or fillers? (photos)

I wanted to get rid of the small lines on my forehead and underneath my eyes. I also may want some filler in addition to my lip implants. My face is still swollen from a nose and lip augmentation so please keep that in mind. Wrinkles under the eyes have always been the same, but my eye area is puffy. Wrinkles on my forehead may be hard to see due to the lighting and makeup, however, they're very light. What kind of upkeep would I be looking at? What would the ballpark price be? Thanks!

Skin damage from tanning bed use

You are are beautiful young woman and it is commendable that you are realizing the dangers of tanning bed use. Use of tanning beds has been shown to dramatically increase the risk of melanoma, which is a type of skin cancer that can be deadly, even in young people.  Tanning bed use also leads to premature aging changes.  Not only have you realized that you should discontinue tanning, you also understand the concept of "prejuvenation," doing small procedures over time to prevent some of the signs of aging that occur over time. That being said, 19 is very young to begin procedures that require regular maintenance.  I would encourage you to start using a topical retinoid every other night (to help reverse sun damage).  I recommend retinoid use long term for any patient not currently pregnant or nursing to maintain healthy skin by encouraging collagen production and cell turnover.  You should also use a topical antioxidant and a sunscreen containing micronized zinc daily in the morning.  While I don't necessarily think that you need to start Botox yet, I recommend that you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in Botox use for a consultation. Botox must be readministered approximately every 4 months to maintain activity, and does prevent forehead lines from getting worse. I would recommend that you hold off on fillers, at least until you have healed from your prior procedures.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sundamage and Botox/fillers

You have a beautiful face and based on the photo you have provided, I cannot really recommend Botox or fillers. I would, however, suggest good skincare including daily sun protection, an antioxidant and possibly a retinol. 

FINE WRINKLES

There is absolutely no need for Botox or fillers at this point. You need to take better care of your skin. Avoid sun damage and use moisturizers. You may benefit from Peel or exfoliation to stimulate new skin growth.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

19 years old- damage from sun bed use over the years- Botox or fillers?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  In general small lines around the eyes and forehead can be treated well with conservative use of Botox.  Anticipate a few hundred dollars to treat each area but also as you are still quite young it will be important to focus on other aspects of facial rejuvenation including appropriate hydration and a good skin care regimen that includes the use of a sunblock. Hope this helps.

Forehead wrinkles

For the forehead the best treatment would be Botox and can be used in other areas to smooth out the face. I would leave lips alone. Cost varies as to where you are and how much Botox is used but generally 14-18 dollars per unit.  See a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and never go into a tanning bed again

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Facial issues

I can not see the fine lines around the eyes or on the forehead. It would a bit unusual to have to do that for a 19 year old, but I suppose it is possible if you have had a lot of sun damage. Best to be seen in person.

I would offer combination of minimal invasive Thermi Tight Rf, Non invasive micro Botox with HA fillers. External Thermi Smooth 250RF sessions orbital. And good skin care with peels of VIP solutions or micro needling sessions. 

Fillers or Botox?

The answer is neither at your age. Significantly, you now recognize the danger of sun exposure. Puffiness in the eye area could be from excess salt intake or the need for more sleep.  A very mild laser may offer some relief.

Small lines forehead and under eyes...

Thank you for your question.  For very fine lines and overall skin texture and tone improvement at your age I would recommend a series of treatments with the Clear and Brilliant laser, "the Millenial laser."  This will give your skin the glow you are looking for while eliminating those small lines.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Wants to correct fine lines on forehead and eyes and lip filler

Thank you for asking about your facial lines.

• Your photo shows a lovely young woman -
  • Based on your description, Botox to the forehead and eyes should help those areas.
  • The cost varies - on how much is used and how much you pay per unit.
  • It will be $250 or more and need to be done every  3- 4 months depending on how Botox lasts in you.
  • Please have no filler in your lips for six months - the implants must heal and the swelling subside.
  • If at all possible please have the plastic surgeon who placed the implants, do your lip injections.
  • Your eye area will be puffy from your recent surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS