What about the sex-feeling after labia reduction?

Is there a lot of feeling in the labia minora? Will the sex apparence be the same after the reduction, because of the scar?

Sex is usually better after labia minora reduction!

Intimate female sensation and wellbeing after a properly done labiaplasty or labial reduction is usually better and women are typically very pleased with the results...  If done well, the scar is almost invisible.Be sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in wedge style labiaplasty before you have anything done.  My staff and I wish you the best result and enhanced sex life!

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Sensation after A Labiaplasty

Dear Alicia, Thank you for posting your question. The labia minora are an area of the body that heal extremely well. There should be no loss of sensation and greater peace of mind following a labiaplasty. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with the labiaplasty. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

You won't lose sexual sensation after a well-done labiaplasty.

Most of the people who spread misinformation about labiaplasty causing lacking of sensation and painful scarring are either anti-cosmetic fanatics with no knowledge of the procedure or unfortunate victims of botched procedures done by those without training, experience or skill. Even many otherwise excellent gynecologists fall victim to this misinformation. A properly conducted labiaplasty produces no sexual discomfort or desensitization. Furthermore, it is the unwanted sensitivity of the enlarged labia and clitoral hood tissue that prompts many women to seek the out the procedure in the first place.

What about the sex feeling after labia reduction?

Thank you for sharing your question.  The scars after a labiaplasty go largely unnoticed once fully healed assuming no significant healing issues after surgery.  Though there is sensation to the labial tissues which is maintained with surgery, erogenous sensation to the clitoris remains unchanged with a labiaplasty.  Hope this helps

Rarely an Issue

Hello Alicia,
Wedge surgery in the right hands leaves a "hardly touched" appearance that few partners seem to notice particularly as time passes. It takes a few months to get to this point however. Sensory loss is also rarely an issue. It becomes very close to normal with time as well... again assuming you had a good operation. 
Best Regards,
John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Sex after labiaplasty

The labia do have sensation, but a reduction in the excess tissue tends to make sex more enjoyable, especially if the excess tissue is making it uncomfortable now. If there is no discomfort now, you may not see any change after everything heals. I always tell patients to refrain from sex for at least a month and then it will still be tender for the first few weeks to about 2 months.

W. John Bull, MD