Puffy upper eyelids and inner corner, what might cause it?

I used to have kind of deepest eyes and lately my upper eyelid and my inner corners get so buffy due to that my eyes are so hooded now what could be the reason to that?

Possible Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question!  It sounds like there could be a few different things going on that could be fixed with a blepharoplasty.  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon who preforms these routinely.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified

Plastic Surgeon

Chicago

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid issues often can be helped with blepharoplasty

your problem could be many different things, but hard to say without any pix. many of those possible etiologies might well be improved with surgery (certainly not  all). suggest you see your board certified plastic surgeon for an exam and possible solutions.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Droopy and puffy upper eyelids may occur due to laxity in upper eyelid skin. Infrequently, it could be related to an abnormality in one of the upper eyelid muscles. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Also, please post pictures on this website for the best results. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are several possibilities but without an exam or at least good photos it is not possible to answer your question.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Puffy eyelids

It is hard to say without an exam. It could before descent of soft tissues, it could be allergies, it could be facial swelling from other sources.

Puffy eyelids

Even for people with deep set eyes, the medial fat pad will often move forward and create some puffiness in the medial upper lid.  This may vary from day to day, but won't go away completely.  If the fat moves forward along the whole lid, then the rest of the lid can also look puffy.  Allergies can make this worse.  Thyroid issues can also create the appearance of a puffy lid.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffy upper lids

Please post photos for consideration. Swelling can be the result of allergies but hooding may be indicative of the aging process.

Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS