Just had Rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago, not the result I was looking for, could it of been better? (photos)

I had open rhinoplasty to straighten & fix deviation and to have a slope from side . In the consult he said he would shave down my nose and would use ear cartilidge. 3 weeks on still swell - my profile looks almost the same just slightly smoother. From front my nose is still not symmetrical and nostrils still look uneven. my columella is shortened which has improved the look. Lump now on tip (pic) Do you think a better result could of been possible and also what can i expect when swelling gone?

3 weeks following rhinoplasty

Hello jsteel55673, thank you for your question. You will hear that it is entirely too early to determine. You will notice that your nose will change significantly over the next 2-6 months. I would continue followup with your surgeon during the healing phase to ensure everything is headed in the right direction. In 6-12 months, I would then reassess things with your surgeon at that time and consider a second opinion if desired.

Rhinoplasty

You are way way too early to assess your end result .   Give yourself time.  After 6 to 12 months you can assess and see your surgeon for a discussion if you desire.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Hi,

You are still very early out. I would suggest expressing your concerns to your surgeon and also waiting a few more months to see if the result improves. Often, rhinoplasty results continue to improve for up to 1 year after surgery, since swelling tends to stick around. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX