Options for nasolabial folds on 21 year old? (Photo)

I have relatively prominent folds for a 21 year old female and they are really starting to bother me. I have looked into fillers however am not 100% keen on the idea (not yet anyway). Is there any other alternatives I could try which will help reduce their appearance? Also, don't be afraid to tell me I'm being ridiculous and to leave my face alone if you think treatment is unnecessary..

Doctor Answers 4

Nasolabial Folds

Thanks for your question!  I think you would be a great candidate for fillers like Juvederm for your folds.  You would like only need 1 tube to get fairly good correction.  Please consult with a board certified surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 137 reviews

Treatment options for nasolabial folds

The only treatment option I would recommend to you for treating your nasolabial folds would be injectable fillers.  There are several types that could be used and each of them have advantages and disadvantages. The filler would basically soften the fold so that it would not appear as deep.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Folds are normal

Your folds don't strike me as overly prominent, but if it is bothering you it is worth looking into solutions.  Unfortunately there are no creams or lasers that will improve the depth of your folds.  Dermal fillers last for several months and would be a good option for you to try.  Since they are not permeant you can 'test' the results to see whether they adequately address your concerns.  Autologous fat (taking fat from one place in your body and injecting it to another place) is a more permanent solution, but difficult to reverse the effects.

Sara R. Dickie, MD
Buffalo Grove Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial fold treatments

Thank you for your question and the photographs. Generally prominent naso-labial folds are treated with HA or fat injections and work well and last for several months or longer. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with these injections so that you may achieve your aesthetic goals. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.