I had a full TT 8 weeks ago and my abdomen appears to be protruding. Is this swelling or is something wrong?

The area is firm and dies still decrease in size by about 2 inches my morning with rest and compression.

I had a full TT 8 weeks ago and my abdomen appears to be protruding. Is this swelling or is something wrong

It is hard to give you a general idea without any pictures. Keep in mind that swelling post tummy tuck can take anywhere from 3-6 months to be completely resolved. Any concerns would be best addressed in your follow up appointments with your surgeon. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Please send pictures

The swelling post surgery is normal but without pictures can not if it is normal swelling. Please see your surgeon or send pictures 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

8 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (8 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You can absolutely still have swelling at 8 weeks after a full tummy tuck. It is common to have swelling up to 6 months or longer. That being said you should definitely ask your PS to take a look just to make sure that nothing else is going on.