Hello I'm a 22 year old women and I'm wondering if I have tubular breast or just small ones? Many thanks. (photos)

Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You do not have a classic tuberous breast.  They are asymmetric and narrow at the nipple/areola, but not a classic tuberous breast.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice for cases like yours I prefer using the Cohesive Gel - Silicón Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tubular breast

Thank you for your question and photos. I agree with my colleagues that stated that you do not have tubular breast. There are several characteristics to a tuberous breast deformity. None of which you have. You should have a very nice result with breast augmentation. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Small breasts vs tubular breasts

You have small somewhat saggy breasts but you do not have tubular breasts.  Tubular breast have a very tight constricted base and often a very large areola.  Your right breast appears to be saggier than the left breast.  Both should respond well to more volume in the form of a breast implant. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts or just small ones?

You do not have tubular breasts. This is a misunderstood and overused term that is very specific for a particular breast deformity. You have some asymmetry to your breast and there of course somewhat different shape. However they are not tubular.

Hello I'm a 22 year old women and I'm wondering if I have tubular breast or just small ones? Many thanks

Based on the photos, you do not have tuberous breasts. You have a mild amount of asymmetry which is completely normal. Often asymmetry can be addressed during a breast augmentation procedure. Best of luck!

Small

You do not have tuberous breasts.  The surgical solution will depend on your desired final size and shape.  

Either an augmentation alone (for a larger result) or a lift and augmentation (for a 1 cup size change at most).

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you do not have tuberous breasts but you have asymmetry. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Hello I'm a 22 year old women and I'm wondering if I have tubular breast or just small ones? Many thanks.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Tuberous breasts exist along a spectrum of severity and are hallmarked by a few key appearances: an elevated and tight breast crease, which causes the breasts to be narrow and areola that are enlarged and "puffy" due to treat tissue being pushed into it.  In order to truly diagnose tuberous breasts, you would need an in-person examination by a board certified plastic surgeon, but based on your pictures you do not demonstrate tuberous breasts. 

Tubular?

Thanks for your question. This is a question that I think confuses many patients and even some doctors. A conical shaped breast with a short distance from the nipple to the fold is usually referred to as constricted. It looks pointy and tight.

A tuberous breast usually hangs down like a snoopy dogs nose and has a large and dilated areola. The fold of the breast is quite high.

The confusion is that some constricted breasts can gain laxity and look tuberous.

From your photos You are not tubular or constricted. You have some asymmetry, mild laxity and a narrow width, all of which are normal.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon