Can Voluma & Ultherapy be used together?

Can both be uses at the same time? Will the ultherapy melt the voluma?

Voluma and Ultherapy Work Well Together

We often use Voluma and Ultherapy together because they accomplish different things. Generally, we perform the Ultherapy first to tighten the skin and then use Voluma to add volume and fill in wrinkles. However, it can be done the other way as well. The Ultherapy will not “melt” the Voluma. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out how you can use Voluma and Ultherapy to rejuvenate your appearance.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma & Ultherapy be used together

Voluma and Ultherapy can safely be performed together. Each physician will have his or her own preferences of which procedure to do first.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

VOLUMA AND ULTHERA

Voluma is an extremely popular and effective filler for midface / cheek enhancement.  In proper hands, the results are natural and long-lasting.  Ulthera is my preferred treatment for nonsurgical treatment for sagging face, neck, and brow tissues.  We often combine these procedures because they complement one another so nicely-- one tightens while the other provides for volume augmentation.   I suggest consulting with a doctor to arrive at a treatment plan that best fits you.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can you use Voluma with Ultherapy?

Hi,
Great Question!  We often like to combine fillers immediately after Ulthera since patients are still numb after our Ulthera anesthetic protocol so it is a great time to place fillers!

Warmly,
Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and Ultherapy

I have combined Ultherapy and Voluma in over 200 patients, safely and effectively. There are many studies to support the use of energy based devices over fillers. You would want to make sure to see a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon that does a great deal of combination treatments to determine if the combination is right for you, or to see if you would benefit from a different treatment combination.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Combining Ulthera and Voluma for great results!

Yes, Voluma and Ultherapy can be used together to provide patients with wonderful results. The combination of the tightening effects of Ulthera with the volume restoration from Voluma rejuvenates the facial appearance without surgery.

Ulthera stimulates the SMAS (facial muscles) as its ultrasound technology impacts the deep tissue layers to lift and tighten loose, sagging skin. This non-invasive treatment can be used to lift the brows, correct jowls or a sagging jawline, and tighten a loose “turkey neck.” The Ultherapy treatment prompts your skin to strengthen the existing collagen and stimulates the growth of fresh, new collagen. This results in a gradual tightening and firming effect, giving your face a natural lift!

Voluma is a facial filler that is created from hyaluronic acid, a hydrating protein that is found naturally in our skin. As we get older, our face loses it’s structural support; when combined with resorption of bone and fat, our face can start to have a sagging and hollow appearance. Volume loss in our face can cause us to look older than we really are. When injected into the cheek, cheek bone, or chin area, Voluma replaces the volume that we lose over time with age. Voluma was formulated to spread easily in the skin, which provides even and natural looking results.

I usually recommend my patients first have Ulthera treatments and then about a week later come back to the office for their Voluma injections so we can make sure any potential welling or bruising from the Ulthera has gone down.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Yes, Voluma and Ultherapy can be and are commonly used together.

Typically, Voluma is placed just after the Ultherapy treatment.  Of note, Voluma is placed at a deeper level than the Ultherapy treatment level; that is, when Voluma is placed in the upper cheeks.  

The attached link provides more information on Ultherapy and Voluma.

Timothy R. Miller, MD