What is best filler for marionette lines?

Voluma?

Best filler for marionette lines

Injectors will have their own preferences. My preference is to use Juvederm Ultra for the marionette lines.

Your most important decision is to choose an experienced and expert physician injector who understands your goals/expectations and the expertise to deliver.

Marionette Lines

Voluma is best used in the upper cheek area to add volume and lift in this area.

For marionette lines, we prefer to use Juvederm Ultra Plus and Juvederm Ultra. Perlane is another hyaluronic acid product which also may work well in this area.

Kenneth E. Morgenstern, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

#juvederm or #voluma for marionette lines

Thank you for your question about which filler to use on marionette lines on the face. Voluma is not the best filler for this area which is unfortunate as it lasts at least two years.  The fillers of choice are Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus, or a combination of the two.  Best to discuss directly with your Board Certified Dermatologist or Platic Surgeon injector. Very best to you.  -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

there are a variety of fillers that work well for that area. A lot of the times in my opinion I've found that Voluma or Radiesse in the mid-face helps to give a lift to the tissue making the marionette area worse, then you can do minimal fillers (such as Perlane, Juvederm ultra plus or Radiesse) through out the lower face to give support and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and Marionette Lines

Voluma is not the filler of choice for this area.  Juvederm works much better. 
It would be nice if Voluma could be used everywhere because it lasts longer but that's not the best use of it.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Best filler for marionette lines?

Voluma is not a good choice for this area.  It is best used along the cheek bones and is injected directly onto the bone.  For the marrionette lines, I prefer to use Juvederm Ultra Plus and layer Juvederm Ultra over that.  There are other options as well, but Voluma is a bad choice.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and marionette lines

Voluma is not injected into the marionette lines.  It is used for the mid-face/cheek area.  Patients may notice a difference in their marionette lines with using Voluma as indicated.  This is due to the increase of volume in the cheek area, which in turn can help support the sagging that happens in the lower face.  Using Voluma to the cheek area and then specifically filling in the marionette lines with Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus provides great results. 

H. George Brennan, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon