Do I have symmastia? (photos)

I had BA 10 weeks ago. Mentor moderate plus 400cc silicone implants were used. I have elevated skin between my breasts and cleavage is absolutely absent. I can separate my implants when I contract my muscles. It gets painful when I push the breasts toward each-other and I can feel them touch under the skin. If I do have synmastia, how early can I have it fixed? Can larger implants (500 cc) be used during revision? I thank the doctors for spending their time to address my question in advance.

Downsize your implants

The synmastia can be corrected. My colleagues in Nagorno Karabakh regional hospital are well versed in this technique and can provide expertise for this condition. I would suggest capsule plication. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Breast Augmentation

It is difficult to tell if you have symmastia from the photos. The breasts are close together and I am not sure a larger implant would be in your best interests. This can be improved using capsular manipulation and artificial dermis/mesh. The key postop to have suitable bra support. Make sure to consult with someone experienced in revisionary breast augmentation.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Do I have symmastia?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. It is difficult to tell whether or not you have true symmastia  without physical examination. It is clear based on the photographs that you do have medial breast implant malposition and possible bottoming out as well.

Successful correction of symmastia, in my opinion does require some experience; I would suggest that you do your due diligence when it comes to selecting your surgeon for this type of revisionary breast surgery.
In my practice, having used a variety of “techniques” for correction of symmastia, I find that the most reliable technique involves capsulorrhaphy ( internal suture repair of the breast implant pockets along the cleavage area). Often, the use of acellular dermal matrix is helpful also. I have also been pleased with the direction of skin tenting that can be achieved with the use of the acellular dermal matrix.
Often, it is necessary to “open” the breast implant pocket laterally (outer breast fold) to allow for positioning of the implant centrally behind the breast mound. This maneuver may also decrease the amount of implant pressure against the medial suture line.
You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about the options available.