Tummy tuck soreness and tingling! Is this normal?

I just had a tummy tuck and two hernias removed on the 2nd of September. I was wondering if its normal to have tingling pain around the scar and a straw colored discharge as well. I still feel sore and a little numb is this normal?

Recovery after tummy tuck

After tummy tuck surgery, I advise the patients to take two weeks off from work. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At two months, the patients start low impact cardio. At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat. If you exercise or do some particular activity that results in pain or swelling you are doing too much for your personal recovery at that time.  Not everyone heals the same.  You need to make sure that you don’t cause more swelling.  Fighting the swelling or working through the pain will certainly backfire. I prefer the patients to stay in town for two weeks if they from more than 2-3 hours away.  I do not allow patients to fly before 2 to 3 weeks at the very minimum.

Soreness after surgery

Soreness and tingling are definitely normal. The fluid drainage is probably ok but you should check in with your surgeon.