Tummy tuck fold over incision infection or rash? (Photo)

I am 4 weeks post from having a TT. Last night I took a shower with my tape on. After the shower, I noticed on the side the side tape was still damp and then a bad odor started coming from it. I took the tape off and then noticed some folds over my incision and that it was kind of red and some yellow liquid was oozing out a little. What could this be? What can I do to make it heal. Could this be coming from my incision or were the folds just irritated? My appointment is in 4 days.

Remove the tape and leave it off

This is most likely the result of the tape trapping moisture and bacteria next to the skin, as well as the mechanical effect of the tape tearing the skin.  Remove the tape.

Post-Op Healing From Tummy Tuck

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.Now, if you find yourself concerned or uncomfortable at all about your scars and healing then it is a good idea to see your surgeon sooner in order to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Be sure to take care of the scars and attend your follow-up appointments as scheduled. Best of luck to you!