Pointy nose tip when I smile. Can this be completely fixed with rhinoplasty or would it still droop down a little? (Photo)

What bothers me the most about my nose is how pointy it gets when I smile. Can this be completely fixed with rhinoplasty or would it still droop down a little? Also, what else would you do to my nose to make it look better?

Pointy nose tip when I smile. Can this be completely fixed with rhinoplasty or would it still droop down a little?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rhinoplasty

Your nose tip could be "stabilized" so it does not droop when you smile and some of the "pointiness" of the tip could be softened.

Fred Suess, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty

Fred Suess, MD (retired)

Can rhinoplasty correct a droopy tip when smiling.

During rhinoplasty grafting can be added to make the tips structure stiffer as well as releasing the muscles that pull the tip down when smiling. When aesthetically appropriate, slightly shortening the nose will also allow more freedom in the upper lip area to further prevent pul down. 

Drooping tip with smiling

During the rhinoplasty procedure, the tip can be de-animated are releasing the depressor septi ligament so that  when patients smile, the tip no longer  droops. For many examples please see link below

Drooping tip with smiling

Drooping tip

When you smile the nose comes down the the lip. It is unattractive like that. There is a fullness in the nasal spine and the bottom of septum is too low. There are also muscles that pull the nose down and they can be released.

This is a common problem seen in rhinoplasty and it can be corrected, relatively easily

Drooping tip

Pointy Tip When Smiling

The depression of your tip when smiling can be eliminated by sitting a small muscle at the base of your nose and raising the columella (the strip between the nostrils). I would also reduce the slight fullness in your bridge.

Pointy Tip When Smiling

Nose tip droops with smiling?

Nose tip droops with smiling? If that is all that bothers you you do not need a rhinoplasty. The muscle that pulls it down can be cut under local anesthesia. No down time.

Nose tip droops with smiling?