What would I need to have done to my nose to have a more petite look and how long is recovery for office job? (photos)

I feel like my nose is too long when looking at a profile view of my face and wanted some suggestions as to what would be done if I were to go into surgery.

Tip refinement

Thank you for your photos! You have a nice nose and would not need a drastic rhinoplasty to have a more petite look. You can benefit from having a more defined and elegant tip with a very subtle rotation. This is done by trimming and adjusting the cartilages that create your tip. You can expect several weeks to months of swelling but most people return to week within 1-2 weeks as long as they are not concerned about having a visibly swollen nose. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine what techniques are needed to achieve the goals you desire. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Jayyleon, You would benefit nicely from a rhinoplasty that would address refining your tip, narrowing your bridge and giving you a slight rotation to the tip of the nose to reduce the length. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you how these proposed changes would look. Make sure you see an expert surgeon who performs natural looking rhinoplasty results you do not want your nose over shortened or over rotated. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty to Have a More Petite Nose

Although it is difficult to see your entire nose with these pictures a rhinoplasty could be done to narrow your wide bulbous tip and shorten your nose by elevating the tip. This would give you a more feminine softer appearance.It would be helpful if you submit pictures as described on my website to individual surgeons who participate in this form so you can maintain your privacy.

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty to reduce the size of your tip cartilages would refine your tip.  This would also rotation your tip upwards so the nose does not appear so long.  A slight dorsal reduction near the tip would give a nice supratip break.  

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose with bulbous tip etc.

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose with bulbous tip etc. can refine your tip, narrow your bridge and lift the tip etc. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses and do not rely on imaging.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and the photos and you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area where they take your photo digitally and then alter it to show you what is and what is not possible with your nose, then look at photos of similar patients, compare fees and techniques and find your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate?

Unfortunately, you have cut off the top of your nose on your photos; this area may not seem important, but it needs to be seen to determine if your nasal length is appropriate; or whether you will need dorsal grafting; please provide better photos for more accurate response.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

What would I need to have done to my nose to have a more petite look?

Rather than using additives such as "petite" to describe the nose, is better to be more specific, because this word can be misinterpreted and means different things to different people. The bridge line of the nose can be narrowed along with narrowing the nasal tip. A small amount of projection of the nose can also be reduced. Consider  a chin implant to help with mildly recessive and weak chin profile. Placement of a chin implant will help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nasal tip. For many before and after examples of this combination, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Your nose is a bit long, not upturned enough, has less than ideal tip definition and slightly wide. There is no significant problem but improving the above aspects can make your nose more delicate and fit your face better. A rhinoplasty can help shorten the nose, upturn the tip, refine the tip and narrow the nostrils. Seek a consult from a rhinoplasty surgeon for a full assessment. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed Scarless Rhinoplasty is the answer

You should seek counsel from a board certified closed rhinoplasty surgeon who performs closed scarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical practice.  All incisions are made inside the nostrils with no external cuts or scars. You could subtly enhance and refine the nose with this technique without drastic change. Meaningful refinement is the key.  All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD