Can implants that detach from their pockets move high above the breast be a medical threat if not attended to?

My mother in law is 87 yrs old and in nursery home. She recently had to be transported by wheelchair to her doctors office at a Kaiser facility where she was lifted several times up and down on exam tables. When she got back to her board and care facility, later that evening she noticed a large breast size bump high on her chest. Further examination it would appear that she does not have an implant where it used to be. They are not saline implants...Can this happen and is she at risk of any kind?

Detached Implant?

Thank you for your question!  I would take her to see a local plastic surgeon to see what exactly the problem is.  If it is not causing her any pain or discomfort i would leave them alone.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

When implants move

as you are suggesting, they should be evaluated by a local plastic surgeon.  Its difficult to visualize what you're describing so having a photo would be better if you wish to restate your question.

Curtis Wong, MD