I am 20 years old I feel like I seriously need a Tummy tuck. Wondering about pricing? (photos)

I am 20 years old I feel like I seriously need tummy tuck I don't feel comfortable at all. I can't seem to shave the weight off. Around how much would it be looking to pay coated in California

You could benefit from a tummy tuck

but why do you have the ledge of tissue hanging?  As for costs, they vary widely so its best to call around to surgeons within your travel radius to find the best pricing.  Make sure the quotes you get are all inclusive and include the OR, anesthesia, the surgeon fees, and lab work.  And if you travel, you will have to also include the costs or hotels and travel.  In general, its always best to stay local for this procedure.

Tummy tuck price

You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck based on this one photo. An exam in person would be needed to confirm this. The cost of a tummy tuck by a board certified plastic surgeon can range anywhere from 7000-12,000 depending on the need for liposuction (of love handles), the location of the surgery (hospital vs surgery center) and the experience of the surgeon. I recommend consulting with a few plastic surgeons before making your decision.

William Bruno, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Tummy Tuck - Cost?

Thank you for your question. It is worth having multiple consultations to evaluate cost variation among surgeons in your area. The cost for a tummy tuck commonly ranges from $8,000 - $11,000. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon based upon experience and the results he or she can deliver, not just on cost alone. Hope this helps and good luck with your procedure.

20 years old and feel like I seriously need a tummy tuck

I think you would do well with a  tummy tuck however you mentioned you cannot get the weight off.  You should be at your target weight prior to surgery. The TT will remove excess skin and tighten the abdominal wall muscles.  If you aggressively use diet and exercise before surgery you will recover quicker and get a better more long lasting result.   In terms of the fee it varies from office to office and you will need to make some consultations to figure out where you are most comfortable.  

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Cost of TT?

The #cost will depend upon the type of #tummytuck, anesthesia and experience of the surgeon. There’ll be regional differences.
Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine what kind of #abdominoplasty you need and cost will be discussed then.

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

Hi and thank you for sharing your picture. From just the one picture, it does look like you are a tummy tuck candidate to address the extra skin. You mention that you can't "shave the weight off".  The operation is great for extra skin although it really isn't a procedure for weight reduction.

Price is dependent on geographic location. The most important thing is to consult a board certified plastic surgeon and ask to see their patient photos so that you know that you are going to an experienced as well as qualified doctor.

Once they examine you, there may be additional things that you may want to consider either doing at the same time or at a different setting that will give you the look you are after.

I am very excited for you and wish you the best on your journey

Leilie Javan, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty and Liposuction

The price could vary considerably in an area as diverse as So Cal.  In addition to a full tummy tuck, you would benefit from liposuction around your torso - abdomen, hips, and waist.  I imagine the range might be as low as $7000 to as high as $30000.  

Good data tells us that cheap plastic surgery will lead to complications, sometimes deadly, much more often than appropriately priced plastic surgery. On the other side, paying exorbitant prices will not give you a superior result.

Going on consultations, usually 3 to 4, with ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons will give you an idea what the 'average price' is.  Remember, what you want is a good result, and you need to go to this level surgeon to get a good result. Expect the total cost to be around $12000 to $15000. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photographs.Based on your pictures you are most likely a candidate for a full “tummy tuck”. The way we correct the rectus diastasis or “pooch” it's by plicating war sewing the muscles back together into the midline after being displaced laterally after pregnancy.The corrected the skin laxity that you had I would recommend not pursuing a mini- tummy tuck, as you can imagine keeping the eschar centrally located would not allow you to remove all the skin elasticity that you need for a good result.Liposuction is not a good idea in your specific case, as this will only worsen the amount of stretched skin, and usually tightening of the muscles underneath is not perform during this procedure.
It is best to discuss your concerns with a bore certify plastic surgeon were he can perform an examination and give you a better idea of the potential outcome while sharing your goals with this surgery.Using pictures will give us an “idea” of your problem however this not replace a physical examination.My advice to you is to do your homework, find someone who is board certified, look at before and after pictures, discuss your goals and ask for a scar regimen after your surgery to improve the quality of the scar.
Best of Luck !

I am 20 years old I feel like I seriously need a Tummy tuck. Wondering about pricing?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photograph, you seem like a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery; of course, definitive advice would require much more information. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.