Does it look like I have gynecomastia from the attached pictures? (Photo)

I was a small 145 kid in high school. I wanted to get into the fire dept when I graduated, so I started working out and lifting weights. When I was 20 I took a testosterone booster for a month. When I was 22 I took a growth hormone in capsule form. I started to notice puffy nipples and soreness. Last year I did 3 weeks of a growth hormone cycle and started to have sore nipples. I got off without proper post cycle therapy. Do you think I have gyno from looking at these pictures? 11% body fat

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Your chest

Thank you for the photos.  It is difficult to say from the photos whether or not you have gynecomastia.  Your best bet is to see a plastic surgeon for evaluation.  And certainly try to avoid all of those supplements.  They could induce gynecomastia.

Tim Neavin, MD

Gynecomastia

from your photos it doesn't look obvious that you have gynecomastia.  It's possible that you still have a small amount of breast tissue which just isn't clearly visible if you are still having soreness.

David S. Rosenberg, MD

Probably So

You certainly have a number of predisposing factors in your medical history. Your photograph is suggestive of gynecomastia, but a 10 second examination in a plastic surgeon's office will let you know for sure.

George Sanders, MD

Gynecomastia?

It's hard to say from your photos whther or not you have gynecomastia. i think your situation needs an examination. It would only take five minutes to tell for sure.

Gynecomastia post testosterone

Your photos do not suggest gynecomastia. However, you do have some of the symptoms and photos may. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

History, clinic exam and labs!

Gynecomastia is a clinical diagnosis that is reached by a combination of history taken , clinical exam and in some cases labs. I suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Gynecomastia california

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Do I Have Gynecomastia?

Hi lrh23,

Thanks for the post and the photos. Based on your photos it does not appear that you have gynecomastia. However, your history of taking test-boosters and prohormone as well as the soreness and puffiness is typical of the symptoms men with gynecomastia can experience.

The best thing to do is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in gynecomastia surgery in order to have a physical exam. Also, stop taking exogenous steroids. You clearly demonstrate sensitivity to them.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the photos and question and your symptoms certainly are suggestive so go on some consults with experts near you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD