Breast reduction correction post-op swelling from lipo. Any suggestions? (photos)

Had a breast reduction correction 4 wks ago. The swelling's gone down except on both sides (from the lipo) the swelling is hard. How long for the hard swelling to go away? I ice 2-4 times per day.

Recovery After Breast Reduction in Melbourne, Florida

My Melbourne, Florida, breast reduction and liposuction patients are also often concerned about swelling.  Swelling manifest as firm edema, which is fluid within the tissues causing the tissues to feel hard.  This can take anywhere from weeks to many months to completely resolve.  I would keep in touch with your board-certified plastic surgeon during recovery period.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

Swelling from liposuction may take up to 6 months to resolve. Gentle massage can help, and make sure your bra band is not too narrow in that area. Please discuss any concerns you have with your doctor.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Your surgeon used good judgment

in addressing your lateral chest rolls with your procedure.  The firmness will improve as you continue to heal.  Be patient and give it 4-6 months to see your final results.

Curtis Wong, MD