Upper and lower eyelid scars x 1 year after. What I can do ? (photos)

Scars after blepharoplasty

Scars may become obvious for a number of reasons including reaction to sutures, rubbing the eyelids, stretchy (crepe-like) skin, inflamed skin (many causes). Revision of the eyelid incision is an option, but it would be wise to avoid rubbing, hand-to-eye contact, and treat any allergic conditions that you might have around the eyes. I agree with previous answers - use of non-absorbable sutures will eliminate one possible factor which could lead to a visible scar. Best wishes on your decision!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid scars after blepharoplasty

Your scars are white and widened. One could consider scar revision. This would be a rather minor procedure with a decent chance of improvement. I would recommend against use of absorbable sutures to ensure best healing.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid scars

You have lost the pigment in the scars.  You can excise the scars and reclose, but there is a chance that the same thing may occur again.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon