What are my options with lifting after breast implants? (photo)

I had breast implants and tummy tuck 3 months ago. 350CC on the left 375 on the right. I was suppose to have a lift at the same time. My doctor did not do a lift at the time because she did not feel it was worth the scarring. My collar bone to nipple measurement is the exact same as before the surgery (24cm). My doctor wants to wait a year before we do anything else. What are my options for lifting my breast up or do I need to do something besides a lift?

Breast Lift after Breast Augmentation

There are many different options available for breast lift techniques, and many with minimal scarring.  Of course it's difficult to make a recommendation from the photos, but if you are unhappy with the position of your breasts, you may want to consider a modified breast lift such as a circumferential or vertical breast lift or a larger and/or different shaped implant.  

As far as the recommended time to wait for the revision, it can take up to six months for the breast implants to "settle" into their long term position, especially if placed under the muscle.  As the implants settle into a lower position, the breast tissue may actually lift a little on the implant.  I would recommend discussing it further with your surgeon and find out more as to why the wait time is at a year as there may be a very good reason.  

You may not need a breast lift after implants

Based on your four-week photo your nipple position appears good.  If your result stays the same as it was at 4 weeksthen you may not need a lift.  However if you begin to feel the nipples are low and there is in adequate volume in the upper pole and you may in fact need a lift.  It sounds like you have an excellent surgeon who is advice you should follow. For information on the various lifts please read the link below:

Breast Lift After Augmentation

Your options for a lift are essentially what they were before your surgery. There are a series of lift options that involve only a scar around the nipple which may be possible in your case. The problem with these is in the shape that results. The breast can be flattened with these techniques regardless of what the technique is called.  A vertical scar can be used to reshape the breast and lift both the breast tissue and the areola.  The timing of that procedure is somewhat surgeon dependent. Some will do it 3 months after an aug, some 6 months, some longer. There are many factors that would go in to the timing.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

The best option for you would be a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection. This procedure can reposition or replace your implants with smaller ones, avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What are my options with lifting after breast implants?

The circumvertical or lollipop lift will be a good option in your case based upon your photos.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Breast Lift After Breast Implants

Thank you for your question.  While you have a very 'natural' result from your breast augmentation, a breast lift would definitely give you a more 'perky,' 'youthful' breast shape. The timing is really up to you.  I routinely perform breast lifts and breast augmentation at the same operation.  You should be able to have the breast lift performed at any time.

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lifting post implant

The best option for a lift after your implants would be a lollipop lift. If one would try to raise
just the nipples, they would widen a great deal and would not hold up your breasts for a long
period of time.
Waiting for a few more months, even up to a year, is not a bad option for the breasts to soften up a bit.
You doctor can then do the lift and will have a better idea of how much to lift when all the swelling
has gone down.
Some plastic surgeons will lift at the same time, but others may have concerns about the blood supply to
the nipple and that is why they don't do the lift and the implants at the same time.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Rodgers

A full or L-shape4d lifting would move the N/A to 22 cm but there is ALWAYS scarring... You really need to consider this. Some minimally invasive options are ThermiTight RF or the "threading" techniques, but the results are very unpredictable and expensive.. 

Breast lift

As long as the doctor did not lower the fold much then you can proceed with a lift procedure without too much trouble. Your nipple position does not need to be elevated too much. The  skin and glandular tissue of the lower pole needs to be sculptured to give you a more youthful shape. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Lift After Breast Implants

The key to the success of the operation is to make sure you are happy.  Your breasts after implants appear natural after your augmentation.  If you desire a more augmented look, more upper pole fullness, and increased perkiness you will likely need a formal lift with either a lollipop scar or anchor scar.  I personally would use a lollipop scar in your case, but both will provide a good result.  The key is to understand that you will need increased scars to get that look.  Doing a lift after an augmentation is very widely accepted, and some feel that your results can be more predictable then doing the both procedures at the same time.  Many patients will decide do lift and implants at the same time to avoid two separate procedures.  Again the key is for you to be happy and be in close contact with your board certified PS. 

Good luck

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon