I am doing a liposuction procedure and my dr. wrote few procedures that I don't understand. Can you explain them?

My Dr. said he'll do me these procedures: 1. Excision Skin And Infraumbilical Panniculectomy 2. Excision Excessive Skin & Subq Tissue Abdomen 3. Excision Excessive Skin & Subq Tissue Thigh Can you explain them to me, please? My weight is 50 but i have some extra fat in my thighs and belly, i just want to reshape my body a little. Thank you

Don't leave your surgeon's office until you understand the procedure that he is going to perform.

If you don't understand specifically what your surgeon is going to do you need to sit down and have it carefully spelled out to you.

I think it would be most prudent that you talk to your Plastic Surgeon so that you understand exactly what he plans to do.  This is a primary importance for the Doctor as well as for you as a patient before having this procedure done. Above all, confide in your plastic surgeon by thoroughly discussing your goals, and expectations.  

Good Luck to you. 

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Explanation of surgeon's plan

Your surgeon will be removing excess skin and fat from your lower abdomen and thighs.
If you are not clear before surgery, you should return to your surgeon and have him show you in drawings on on a photo of yourself exactly what he plans to do. Best wishes

Hi. thnks for asking.

For the procedures you say he told you, he is talking about a Abdominoplasty.  Good Luck!

Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD