What are the risks of having liposuction/bbl and tummy tuck all at the same time?

Hi... thank you for the question... These procedures involve the same risk as an simple procedure, These combination is very common and generally if you are healthy and have your test values ok, you can have it done without complication. 

Risk and combined surgeries

Tummy tuck + liposuction and Bbl is one of the most common combinations in plastic surgery.  If you are healthy and cleared for surgery you can have these procedures done safely 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Combined BBL/tummy tuck

A combined liposuction / Brazilian Butt Lift with a Tummy Tuck is very commonly performed together and this combination of procedures is something I frequently perform as well.  The biggest risk is the length of surgery.  Being under anesthesia for over 6 or 7 hours starts to increase the risk for respiratory issues, so as long as the procedure can be performed within this time, it is safe to perform - that is if you are healthy.  Combining these procedures allows you to undergo anesthesia, surgery, and recovery only one time verses having to do it twice.  Also financially it it much less expensive to have the procedures done together.

Good luck and hope this information helps.  Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Combination Surgery

I always recommend staging surgeries when a patient wants to have a BBL and any surgery on their front side such as tummy tuck or breast surgery.  The reason is that you will have to be positioned on either the fresh tummy tuck side or fresh BBL side to finish the surgery and that will compromise your results.

John G. Apostolides, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What are the risks of combining surgeries?

Some common risks for combining multiple surgeries, are delayed healing time, excess blood loss, extended anesthesia exposure, etc. Having said that, many surgeries can be combined safely with great outcome for the patient. Unfortunately, a tummy tuck can only safely be combined with a liposuction aspirate of 1000cc and cannot typically provide the fullness to the buttocks when performed alone.

Thank you for your question and I hope this helps inform you.

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS