Can a mommy makeover, thigh lift and BBL be down at once? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 8
A Mommy Makeover, Thigh Lift and BBL Done Together
The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations.
Mommy Makeover & BBL
Thank you for your question.
I typically don't recommend having both procedures performed at the same time, as this is a lot of surgery to have at once and the recovery may be difficult. I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.
All the best.
Combinations of procedures for mommy makeover can be quite different.
You might also like...
Mommy make-over, thigh lift and BBL - all done at once?
- I really admire your weight loss and determination to get back to your pre-baby shape
- On the other hand, this is too much surgery for one time.
- Losing 60 more pounds may change what you want done -
- Final planning should be done when you are about 140 pounds.
- A thigh lift is a big operation and usually done without other operations.
- Generally the tummy tuck and breast lift and/or augmentation are enough for one sitting -
- But if you are down to near 140, it will take less time to do the mommy make-over...liposuction and a BBL might be a possible add-on but it makes for a difficult recovery.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Can a mommy makeover, thigh lift and BBL be down at once?
Multiple procedures, some advices:
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
Weight loss before surgery
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.