Never heard about this technique for a Breast reduction, can you tell me more about this?

Thinking that he was gonna perform a anchor because I was a 36 DDD. I got an incision under my breast and around the nipple. What is that called? Can I breast feed if I decide to have another child? My breast is smaller and my areolas.

What you had is called a "vertical mammoplasty", commonly known as the "lollipop technique".  It doesn't always work, and if your surgeon decided that you could get a satisfactory result from it, better for you.  I personally have never found it to be adequate for a true DDD breast and I have seen many patients who had it done for DDD and larger breasts, and came to us for a revision which would usually result in conversion to an anchor.  As for breast feeding, it depends on how much breast tissue was left behind, and whether you have maintained sensation to the nipples.  Hope that helps.

BBR

This breast reduction technique attempts to avoid the vertical scar from the areola to the inframammary fold.  The problem is that by not removing skin vertically, the breast is not coned and you get a flat, wide breast, albeit smaller.  There are not many patients that have an ideal breast for this type of procedure.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast reduction techniques

There are a variety of techniques plastic surgeons may use to perform a breast reduction, the most common being a "vertical", sometimes referred to as a "short scar" or "lollipop" incision, or an "anchor", sometimes referred to as a "Wise pattern" incision.  Although the technical nature of each type of operation differs, they both can result in a lifted  breast with a reduction in volume.  The scar resulting from a vertical incision is circumferential around the areola with a line descending from the 6 o'clock position of the areola down to the base of the breast (hence the description as a lollipop shape).  The anchor scar is the same as the vertical except there is an additional horizontal scar that follows the curve underneath the breast.  Any type of breast reduction may have an effect on breastfeeding ability, and the risk is related not only to the scar pattern, but to how the surgery was performed under the skin, for which there are also a variety of techniques available.  Speak with your surgeon about what technique was used and what the risks are related to that particular technique.  In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations always visit a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best of luck,
Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY