Would I be a good candidate for Subfacial placement of the cohesive textured implants? (photos)

I was looking for a small D full C cup. I'm currently a Full A Small B cup. I was looking for the round implants for that high Perky look.

Sub muscular or Dual Plane

Subfascial implants (overs) are more likely to develop capsular contracture (scar tissue) over time. My goal is a one-and-done, even though it's not always possible. About 20% of women have another surgery within 10 years after breast implants. MINIMIZE THIS as much as possible and use dual plane or unders. You can get a high profile look by using high profile or ultra high profile implants. You don't need overs to do this. :)

Implants and subfascial

I am not a fan of subfascial pocket placement. I personally do not think it offers any advantage over the other approaches.  I prefer for most to go subpectoral.

Breast augmentation and implants and sizes

Hello

Thank you for your question. Its best to make decisions about size and type of implant in person at the office with the implants and to discuss all your options with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

High Perky Look

In my opinion, the sub fascial placement of a full round implant like the Allergan InSpira or Sientra 207 will have more of a step off in the upper pole from the chest wall especially with a high profile configuration. A little softer look would be there with a sub muscular placement. Your surgeon during your exam can determine whether you have adequate soft-tissue coverage to place these implants over the muscle without seeing wrinkling. The disadvantage of placing them over the muscle is that they have a slightly higher risk of capsular contracture. Discuss these options with your surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Would I be a good candidate for Subfacial placement of the cohesive textured implants?

Thank you for your question and pictures. I think subfascial placement would be fine if that is what your want.  As far as implants go, the cohesive textured implants are teardrop shaped.  If you want round implants, then my preference is the Inspira, round smooth silicone implants.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Would I be a good candidate for Subfacial placement of the cohesive textured implants? Perth, Australia

Thank you for your question and images. A clinical examination would better be able to tell if you have adequate tissue over the upper pole to give a good coverage over the implant. A subfascial placement of an implant will give you a perky look but at the risk that you will more likely be able to see the contours of the implant. If you don't mind the 'augmented look' then this is appropriate. The best person to discuss you case with is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.
Regards
Dr Guy Watts

YES

Subfacial would give you a nice result, And I agree with round implants. 

Dr. Luis Redondo

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Candidate for Subfacial placement of the cohesive textured implants?

If you are referring to cohesive gel "gummy bear" implants, they are typically anatomic (tear-drop) in shape and since you mention you want a more rounded look, they may not be meet your needs. Fuller volume implants such as Inspira from Allergan may be more what you're looking for. 

You would be best served by consulting with a board certified plastic surgeonwith experience in breast surgery, who can give you a complete evaluation and recommendations.

Good Candidate for Subfascial?

Thank you very much for your question.

It is difficult to say from the pictures if you would have enough breast tissue to sufficiently cover the implants in the upper-medial pole.  A patient typically needs about 2.5 cm (some surgeons have a threshold that's more, some less).  I recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person, and make their recommendation.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon