Am I a good candidate for Breast reduction?

Indentations on shoulders from bra straps. Pain in neck and shoulders and even pain on the breasts.

Am I candidate for breast reduction?

Its difficult to provide you with advice without any photographs or an in person review. From your description however, its possible that you are an ideal candidate for a breast reduction to help alleviate the pain and discomfort associated with larger breasts.

Thank you for your question. From what you describe, you may be a #candidate for #breast #reduction surgery. I suggest you locate two or three board certified plastic surgeons to be evaluated, ask to see before and after pictures, read testimonies and determine which PS you will retain. This is if you are deemed a candidate for breast reduction surgery. Please follow up with these evaluations and move forward with their recommendations. Best wishes!

Candidate for Breast Reduction?

Thank you very much for your question.

Essentially, anybody who feels their breasts are too large is a candidate for breast reduction.  Whether or not insurance pays for it is dictated by symptoms, including the ones you describe.  I recommend visiting with a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast reduction

If you are experiencing pain & indentations then almost certainly you are a good candidate for a breast reduction.  Ideally your weight should also be as close as possible to your ideal & you should be otherwise well & a non-smoker.  These are the main risk factors that you can control to reduce your chance of complications & wound healing issues.  All the best

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, without photos or more importantly an in-person evaluation, it is nearly impossible to tell you if you qualify for a breast reduction.  Based on your description alone though it sounds as though it is a likely possibility.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in the procedure to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Reduction

Large breasts may not only interfere with your physical ability to function in daily activities but can be emotionally burdensome as well. From what you describe you are a candidate for a breast reduction. Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the contour of the breasts so that they are smaller and perkier. It is possible to do a breast reduction with a minimal scar technique and can also be done as a outpatient procedure under twilight sedation. It's important to be sure expectations are realistic and you have an understanding of the commitment needed for the healing process. Make sure that you understand the nature of your surgery, the recovery process, and that you feel comfortable and emotionally ready to make these changes to your body. I suggest you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and go over your surgical options in detail.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Good candidate for breast reduction

Based on the symptoms you are experiencing - indentations from bra straps, and pain in the neck, shoulders and breasts - you sound like a good candidate for breast reduction. However, without examining you in person, I cannot say for sure if you are a candidate. Ultimately, I tell my patients that if they are in pain or uncomfortable due to the size of their breasts, and they are in good health, a breast reduction can be a life changing procedure for them. I recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can be evaluateld and learn for sure whether or not you are a candidate. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Am I a good candidate for a breast reduction?

Hello! Thank you for your question. It is a safe procedure, in which your plastic surgeon will reduce the amount of breast tissue, reshape your breasts, raise the nipple-areolar complex to its appropriate position (possibly making the size smaller, if needed), and ultimately ameliorate the complaints that you do have for the reason that you are having this procedure (e.g., neck/back pain, migraines, rashes/infections, etc).

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will discuss the procedure with you, examine, and assist you in determining if this is the right procedure for you. Hope that this helps! Best wishes and good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

You may be a good candidate for a breast reduction if you have associated symptoms like bra strap grooving and neck/shoulder pain.  It's hard to say with out photos though.  A typical candidate would have breasts that are disproportionately large for their frame, and issues such as back/neck/shoulder pain, postural problems and bra strap grooving.  If you are not a smoker and within a reasonable stable weight, you may be a good candidate.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast reduction candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.
In the future may cause permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD