After my Breast Lift with Implants, my breast still seems to be sagging, crooked, & lack of fullness. Is this normal? (photos)

My over all goal was to obtain perky breasts so I chose to get a breast lift with silicone implants. I always had 36 Ds, after I had my child I developed a lot of loose saggy skin. I did not want to have bigger boobs, just shaped up and lift. In my opinion, they are still saggy, little crooked, lack fullness and just rounded at the bottom. Is this a bad surgery job or is it just the way my breast is? Is this normal?

Breast Lift will provide "perky" breasts

In many cases, a breast augmentation alone is "enough" to provide some lift to the breasts. This is a very subjective endpoint. Many women (and plastic surgeons... myself included) prefer slight drooping of the breast (ptosis) to of scars around the nipple and on the breast skin.
That said, it is always up to the patient to make this decision along with the plastic surgeon. I try to avoid phrases like "you need a lift" in favor of asking questions like "is it a fair trade for you to place scars on the breast in order to achieve a more lifted appearance?"
If you can answer this question with a "yes" then a subsequent breast lift will provide you with the appearance you desire. I would use a circumvertical (lollipop) lift in a patient with your breast configuration.

Continued Breast Sag After Breast Augmentation

Although you reportedly underwent breast augmentation in combination with breast lift surgery, there's no evidence to suggest that a breast lift was actually performed. Your pictures indicate no evidence of scarring and continued breast sag.

It's important to realize that no two patients are ever exactly alike and for this reason, treatment plans need to be individualized. Patients always have different starting points, anatomic findings, aesthetic goals and social situations. It's important to realize that surgery often involves a series of trade offs. In the case of breast lift surgery, the trade off involves added scarring verses continued breast sag.

Your pictures suggest that your surgeon has tried to avoid additional scarring. This has resulted in aesthetically attractive breasts that look natural but are without upper breast fullness. Unfortunately in this particular case, upper breast fullness will require a breast lift and additional scarring.

If you're considering revisional surgery, it's important that you wait 6 months before proceeding with breast lift surgery. If you're still unhappy with your result at that time, it's important that you meet with your plastic surgeon. Under these circumstances, it's important that you communicate your aesthetic goals to your surgeon. Once these goals are understood, your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Dissatisfied with results

You might want to consider revision surgery, but make sure to explain what your definition of "perky" is. It also is difficult to say how your results are without seeing a before photo. I don't see any evidence of breast lift scars, unless you only have them around the areolae. If that's the case, more extensive surgery may have been necessary.

Ronald Levine, MD

Thank you for your question .
It seems as you did not have a lift procedure, please ask your surgeon exactly what procedure you had. 
A breast lift is necessary in your case with an implant. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

After my Breast Lift with Implants, my breast still seems to be sagging, crooked, & lack of fullness. Is this normal?

Did you really have a breast lift?  I am having a hard time appreciating the scars.  I think that the result could be improved, but I would have to see preoperative pictures to make a better determination.

Still droopy

Dear Hazeleyes135,
    From your photos it appears that you only underwent breast augmentation, and no lift was done.  I suspect your surgeon felt that with breast implants alone you would achieve enough fill giving you the appearance of a lift.  In my experience, based on the shape of what I suspect your breasts looked like preoperatively,  implants alone were not sufficient to achieve your goals.  You need to undergo a formal breast lift.
Sincerely,
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Still Saggy After Breast Lift with Implants

After reviewing your photos, it's hard to determine what type of breast lift was performed as there are no visible scars.  If a lift was performed, it's difficult to see the results from that part of the procedure.  If you are happy with the volume (cup size) of your breasts, you may seek to have another or different type of lift performed that will push the implants up, correct your asymmetry, decrease the size of your areola and provide you with the superior pole fullness that you desire.  If your implants are under the muscle, a lift may be performed with your current implant placement, however, if they are above the muscle, the surgeon may also want to change the position to add more support and prevent future ptosis.  

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Appears as a poorly done lift or was one even done? Was your surgeon a boarded PS? Best to seek second opinions from boarded PSS in your area of FL... Sorry

Saggy breasts after augmentation

Thank you for your pictures.  The best way to obtain better breast shape would be to have a breast lift +/- using your old implants. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Sagging breasts after lift and implants

I am sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the results of your breast lift and augmentation.  From your photograph it appears that you have healed and are quite long probably at least a year after your surgery.

Based on your photograph it appears that you may well benefit from a revision of your breast lift.  If your breasts looked good right after surgery then the implants have further stretched and displaced your breast lower.

If you want to take action then a revision breast lift with the use of acellular dermis to support the implant could be your best option.