Bad Nose Job - What Can I Do?

I got a nose job almost 2 years ago and the results were terrible. The side view is kinda ok, but in the front it looks deformed. The skin in the sides became "loose", the bridge too low and the tip is crooked and weird shaped. But the worse is the sagging skin. I look double my age now. Also I lost facial fat. What can I do to get a better look? I dont even want to go out cause Im scary ugly now. In case of needing a implant to make the bridge higher, how is it done? Thanks

Doctor Answers 8

Bad Nose Job- What You Can Do

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I'm sorry you're disappointed with the results of your nose job; however, your concerns can be addressed with a revision rhinoplasty. While it is difficult to tell from your post rhinoplasty photos, it appears you have an inverted-V deformity following your original nose job. By using nasal septum cartilage, ear cartilage, or even rib bone, your nasal dorsum, or bridge, can be built up and help to fill out the "sagging skin." It is difficult to evaluate your nasal tip from the photos, but during correction of the inverted-V deformity, the nasal tip can also be addresed. Your revision nose job will likely need to be performed via an "open" approach. Be sure to meet with several plastic surgeons in your area and choose a plastic surgeon that you trust, has good before and after nose job photos, and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Jaime Perez, M.D. Nose Job Specialist in Tampa, Florida Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Tampa Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty to improve the appearance of your nose.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I read your concerns and I reviewed the frontal photo of your nose. You appear to have excessive nostril show, and a low nasal bridge. You would be surprised how much improvement you could see with a well-performed Injectable Filler procedure. I prefer Silikon-1000, an off-label filler, for permanent results. In my view, you should leave revision rhinoplasty surgery as a last resort.

You should consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

If you like, feel free to email your frontal and profile photos, along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews

Dissatisfied with rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have many complex issues, but they can all be addressed with revision surgery. I would have to analyze multiple views of your nose in order to provide you with a more thorough answer. However, I will address how to build up your bridge. I do not use any foreign materials in the nose, having seen many complications. I prefer to use the patient's own cartilage. While septal or ear cartilage are preferred, I often have to use rib cartilage for patients with very low bridges. My advice to you is this: Seek a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. Straightening a crooked nose and building up a low dorsum are two very difficult issues to address. Hope this helps.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 85 reviews

Revision rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is unfortunate that you are dissatisfied with your results. As plastic surgeons, it is our goal to achieve pleasing outcomes for our patients. However, it is not always possible. Obtain consults from several experienced rhinoplasty surgeons and learn about your options. There are many different approaches but almost all will require introduction of material into the nose obtained from donor sites or foreign materials to augment your nose. I don't quite understand the facial fat issue however.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

Rhinoplasty revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry that you are so unhappy with your previous rhinoplasty, but it sounds like you want a revision.  It certainly is possible.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Rhinoplasty - revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lawra, I'm sorry you are so distressed from your surgery.  You should definitely seek consultation with someone who does revision rhinoplasty.  Cartilage grafts can be used to build your bridge and give you better definition in of your nasal tip. The sagging skin is unusual  - I'd have to do a physical exam to have a better understanding of your nasal anatomy.  Regardless - take your time to find a rhinoplasty specialist you trust and are comfortable with.  I wish you the best of luck and hope your next experience is more positive for you.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Revision Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


If you want to change the bridge height, there are several ways to do that. I typically use a custom carved silastic implant. I like to use it because it can be custom made for each particular nose. Also, when placed right, it give the best long term results, in my experience. You can checkout my website below to read more about my implant philosophy.



Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 285 reviews

Revision rhinoplasty for the bad result.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

All of the things you mentioned can be improved by an experienced revision rhinoplasty expert. Septal or ear cartilage grafts can reverse the pinching of the tip, ass bridge height, lengthen a short nose, etc. But it is the skill of the surgeon that will give you the best results.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.