Is it a bad idea to get CoolSculpting from a place unless they've gotten some validating certification from the company?

Is it a complicated process? The Zeltiq website gives a list of locations where it can be done, but not all the locations where it's offered are listed. If I know of a legitimate plastic surgery clinic which has a great reputation but isn't listed on the site, can I still get the procedure done there? I'm asking in the interest of cost. I'm not wanting to go to some shady alley clinic or anything, just a reputable place with a better deal.

Coolsculpting from a Certified physician

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq is a great procedure.  A certified practice means that they have received the proper training and have done the procedure on a number of patients.  I would recommend you do your homework and consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience who has been certified by the company for the best results.

Find a top provider

You will want to make sure to do your research and go to a top provider in your area. At my practice our providers had to become certified in order to provide treatments. We also have the most current software and dual systems to provide maximum fat reduction in the least amount of time. We are one of the top 20 providers in the country and offer CoolSculpting Complete. CoolSculpting Complete includes dual systems to maximize the treatment are in addition to vibrational therapy to assist in the lymphatic process. Because we are a top provider we can offer patients a buy one and get an additional area free.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Certification

There are places such as our institution which are CoolSculpting certified by Zeltiq. There are also places which are not certified and may be using older machines without the latest software updates. CoolSculpting is not just about hooking you up to the machine and letting it do the work for an hour. It does take skill to determine whether you are a candidate or not and which size applicator you would need for ideal fat reduction. When it comes to cost I believe you get what you pay for, so beware of places which have prices that are good too good to be true.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting certification

I would say that it is best to get CoolSculpting performed by a clinic that is certified by Zeltiq. Having the procedure done at a certified clinic should increase the chances of you getting a correct treatment with corresponding results.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon