Bad Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I got 500cc/sub-muscular cohesive gel implants making me a 30/G. Before, I was a very Deflated 34/C--or at least that is what I thought I was. Initially I was pleased with the results, but now more than a month post-op (surgery:March 22, 2013), I am not so sure. I have no cleavage (unless I wear a cleavage bra), one of my arreolas/nipples seems way off to the side--compared to the other one--and I seem to be low on my chest. Plus, they seem misshapen when I stand sideways.

Bad Breast Augmentation?

With a deflated skin envelope and more breast tissue, there will always be a more natural hanging look unless a breast lift is done at the same time.  I think you have a good result though.  If you want a higher, tighter look with more cleavage, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast augmentation revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Augmentations can only do so much with deflated breasts

and your appearance suggests your started with atrophied and marginally ptotic breasts.  Your results, when isolated on the breasts themselves, are quite good.  But there are other issues to consider such as the position of your breasts on your chest and location of your nipples.  You should be supporting your breasts with a bra if you wish to minimize additional settling and you should be discussing your concerns with your surgeon. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Lack of upper pole fullness after BA

Hi,

I would guess your breasts were a little droopy as well as deflated before your recent surgery. If this was the case I think your result is pretty good.

An uplift would be worthwhile considering if you are looking for an improved cleavage but this would leave extra scarring on your breasts. Unfortunately this is the trade off for a more 'perky' look.

Breast ptosis

You have some breat ptosis and they look pretty good considering. ASymmetry is normal and your nipple areola probably pointed off to the side before.  If you want more superior pole fullness you probably need a lift.  An exam in person is essential.

Bad Breast Augmentation?

A posted before photo would demonstrate the asymmetry you had before implantation. Only additional surgery can correct your issues Sorry. 

Breast Augmentation after 1 month

I think you really do look good!  Did you have a lift as well?  This could account for the change in your areola - otherwise, it was likely that way before you had an implant placed.  (Patients always notice the little differences in their breasts after surgery compared to before).  You do have a large implant in place which is heavy and can pull down.  If you are wanting more upper breast fullness (I think this is what you mean about cleavage), you could have a revision with Strattice or other dermis placed as an internal bra to keep the implant higher.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I wouldn't say bad breast augmentation . . .

I think your result is actually pretty reasonable considering what was done and what your brest tissue looks like .  You have ptosis, or drooping of the breasts, and chances are you had it prior to the surgery as you describe yourself as a "deflated C cup."  The large size of your implants, while compensating for the deflation and looseness of the breast tissue, is also causing additional stress on the already weak breast tissue, and this is increasing the ptosis.  In order to achieve the fullness in the upper part of your breasts that it sounds like you want, you will probably need a mastopexy, or lift, of some sort.  The specific type of lift you need is difficult to determine here.  You should contact your surgeon for further discussion about the ways that the upper pole of your breast can be enhanced.  Good luck.

Post operative results

Since you are concerned about the shape and location of your breasts so soon after surgery, I would suggest asking these questions with your plastic surgeon who did the procedure. You may need a lift, which can be done. Please understand that the larger the breast implant is, the heavier the breast becomes, and the more the breast may sag. You discussed differences in your areolae now, but you may want to look at your preoperative photos. I suspect the differences were there prior to surgery. Each breast is unique and no two will be exactly alike.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Reasonable results 1.5 months after breast augmentation

It appears that the overall shape of your breasts look good for 1 1/2 months postop. The postoperative nipple and areola positions are somewhat asymmetric, but not bad. It may help if you look at your preoperative photos at your plastic surgeon's office to see if there was a preexisting asymmetry between the nipple/areola positions. Hope this helps. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Bad Breast Augmentation?

I wouldn't say so, at least without seeing preop photos. If, for example, your nipples/areolas were uneven before surgery, they will still be uneven unless some sort of breast lift was done. If you are able to post pre-ops, consider also current photos without the shadows present on most of these. 

Cleavage is almost never present without a push-up bra. In some patients, whose breasts are naturally far apart, cleavage is impossible.

I can't see anything I would call bottoming out on these photos.

Thanks for your question and for sharing your photos. All the best.