I had a BA and TT done in the 2nd week of September. How long do you need to wear the corset?

I had a BA and TT done in the 2nd week of September. I wore the corset garment for six weeks. On a further follow up my surgeon has given me a smaller garment to wear and then says after a further six weeks will reduce it again for about another six weeks. Saying that it keeps everything together restricts the amount I can eat and will give me a better shape. After reading various reviews it seems that the recommended time is about six weeks. What's your view in the recommendation above. Many thanks.

Wearing a Compression Garment Following the Mommy Makeover

The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

If you have concerns about your #healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

How Long to Wear the Abdominal Binder

I have my patients wear their garment from 4 to 6 weeks, but each surgeon has their own way for post operative care, you should follow your surgeons advice. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Tummy Tuck Garments

Follow the recommendation of your surgeon. Many patients wear the garment for 6 to 12 weeks depending on their rate of healing. Everyone heals different.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tummy Tuck Garments

All plastic surgeons have there own way of taking care of their post-op patients. My specific way is the abdominal binder for 6-8 weeks 24/7 followed by spanx or other form fitting pressure garments. That being said, the person that you should listen to the most is your surgeon because he is seeing you in real life. Hope this helps

Ritu Chopra MD

Ritu Chopra, MD

Wearing corset post operative

I normally suggest wearing a garment for 6 weeks as I do not believe there is any benefit in wearing garments any longer. I would follow your surgeons suggestions as they would be the best judge of your needs.

Regards

Stephen Salerno