Dysport treatment day after, is this normal? (photos)

Hello, I had my first Dysport injection yesterday. 50units for my 11lines between my eyebrows. This morning i noticed i can move my forehead and controll the muscles and the lines are still there??? Is this normal ???

Dysport effects are not apparent for 3 to 5 days

At one day post-injection, it is impossible to determine the results of your Dysport injections.  Most patients will start seeing results in 3 to 5 days but will not see "full" results for a couple weeks.

Plano Plastic Surgeon

Onset of Dysport

It will take at least 2-3 days for the Dysport to start working, By two weeks, you will see the maximal result.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dyspo

I appreciate your question.
Dysport takes 3-14 days to see full effects.  Most patients do see some results between 3-7days.  Please schedule a follow up visit with injecting MD at 14 days to discuss your results and outcome.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Dysport treatment

Dysport takes approximately one to two weeks before full effects of the product can be seen.  Most patients do notice some of the results after 3-5 days.  Be patient and enjoy your results!

Camille Cash, MD

Dysport Treatment

Thanks for your question. Typically, a week or two is a good time to see results. I'm sure at this point you have seen some results.

German Newall, MD

Give it some time

I know that you are anxious to see results, but you have to give it some time.  It can take as many as 10 days to see the full effect of Dysport, although the typical time is 3-7 days.  Just wait a few more days and everything should look great!

Dysport

The full effect of Dysport typically takes 7-10 days to set in. Still having motion in the muscles the day after treatment is normal and not a cause for concern. Generally speaking, the 2 week time point is a good time to reassess the final result.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Dysport treatment day after

It takes a good 3-5 days for Dysport to kick in and do its thing.  Be patient.  If the result is still not to your liking, you will need to address the concern with your PS.  

Shelby Brantley, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Dysport

This is completely normal, as Dysport kicks in within 3-5 days. You will see your final result withing 10-14 days. All patients may vary with timing. After you wait your recommended time and still not see results you most likely need more units injected.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long to see results post botulinum toxin injections ?

Unlike fillers, where results can be seen instantaneously, botulinum toxin injections can take 4 to 5 days before you start seeing results and up to 14 days for the final result. In which case, if results are not apparent, it is likely you will need more than the 50 units received.
Hope this helps! TZ

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD, FRCSC
Montreal Plastic Surgeon