Thermismooth or thermitight for neck/lower face? (Photos)

My plastic surgeon recommend thermismooth for my neck/lower face. After researching, it seems thermitight would be the better procedure for lift and tightening. Which one is most appropriate for me?

ThermiTight/Skin Tightening/High Definition procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  I recommend a combination of procedures for optimal results.

ThermiTight utilizes a small electrode inserted under the skin to heat tissue to a selected therapeutic temperature.  Literature has shown that elevating skin to a therapeutic temperature level can contract collagen molecules and stimulate collagen production, which may give the appearance of lifting or tightening.   Fat reduction is rare, unless set to high temperatures and kept at high temperatures for a significant amount of time .

To best answer your question,  it  depends on how much skin laxity you have.   ThermiTight can work well in the thigh area to tighten skin that is mild to moderately laxity.  Surgery may be a better option, if you have excessive laxity.   Results with ThermiTight vary from patient to patient.  You should experience some overall improvement.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thermismooth or Thermitight for Neck/Lower Face? ThermiTight Tightens Skin More Dramatically

Thermismooth is noninvasive and is good for resurfacing fine lines, but ThermiTight can actually lift and tighten your neck and lower face. You seem to be a excellent candidate for a procedure that we call ThermiSculpture in our center. This combines some liposuction fat removal with ThermiTight. The radiofrequency probe is inserted into the same incisions that are used for the liposculpture. This combination removes fat, stimulates collagen, and tightens and lifts the skin. Consulting a board-certified dermatologist who knows how to effectively combine ThermiTight with liposuction will give you the most dramatic and long-lasting results.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight or ThermiSmooth for Neck/Lower Face?

Maria, you are right. ThermiTight is the more appropriate option for treating your lower face and neck. ThermiSmooth mainly helps with fine lines and crepy skin around the eyes and mouth. Please find an experienced provider. Best wishes.

Thermismooth or thermitight for neck/lower face?

I find ThermiSmooth is most effective on the thinner skin around the eyes. You appear to be a very good candidate for ThermiTight.

ThermiSmooth Vs. ThermiTight--Double Chin / Laxity -- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella

You would be a good candidate for ThermiTight. In my practice, we use a combination approach for the neck and lower face. VASER and ThermiRF, sometimes even adding ultherapy and fraxel.  Please see an expert there is a lot that can be done for neck rejuvenation. Best, Dr. Emer