How will I overcome these tattoos? (Photo)

Something triggered in my brain after getting my arm added onto, where I have DEEP tattoo regret. Through extensive research, I have found no technology that can guarantee removal. I am so depressed and manic, and before I was the happiest person that I knew. I am letting these things run my life. I have been sleeping an average of 2 hours a night. Please send some support and hope for the future.

Laser Tattoo Removal

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing tattoo regret. If you decide to move forward with laser tattoo removal Picosecond technology is the most advanced. I prefer the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink safely and effectively. Even with these advanced technologies tattoo removal is a process and requires multiple sessions.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers, we will often combine with fractional lasers to help speed the process.This will take many treatments given the multiple colors. No matter the device it will take several treatments to see the outcome depending on your response and the technology. Please consult with a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Tattoo regret!

Hello,  thanks for your question. Sorry to hear that you have such deep regret for your tattoo. It can be very depressing when you have to look at an area of your body that you do not like every day. I am sorry to tell you that no one can guarantee complete removal regardless of the device being used. Your body plays a part in the removal of the tattoo, therefore the area of the body that is being treated can also make a difference on tattoo resolve. The latest technology is the pico-second technology. The PicoWay Laser (Candela/Syneron) uses photoacoustic impact/pressure waves rather than photothermal/heat.This process has less heat, therefore it is more comfortable and the chances of hyperpigmentation are less.The Pico-second pulse shatters the ink into even smaller particles, allowing the body to more easily absorb the ink. This new technology can generally clear tattoo ink in about half as many treatments as the traditional Q-switch device. Is it possible that you do not like the image/message of your tattoo and if you could lighten it up enough to put another tattoo on top that you may be happy?  This is something that you could consider.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon