I got a full TT February 22, 2016. I got necrosis on the mid section was fully recovered by June 12,2016. Any suggestion?(photo)

My question is if I get a scar revision what are my outcomes will I get nicrosis again ? How long should I wait for a scar revision ? Dose my belly button look ok ? I'm just curious

Suggestions will depend on what your goals are...

and if your contours are good enough and skin tight enough, I would suggest you simply let your scars mature and see if they end up being acceptable to you.  If you have laxity still, then a revision can help with that.  Regardless of what you choose, you should make sure your surgeon will honor the revision policy if you delay your decision.

I got a full TT February 22, 2016. I got necrosis on the mid section was fully recovered by June 12,2016. Any suggestion?

I think it depends how much the scar bothers you. You finished healing about two months ago. The scar will take an entire year to mature fully. It will flatten and become more pale as time passes. If the width of the scar bothers you, this will not improve with time. I think it's unlikely that you would have necrosis from a scar revision surgery, but an in person examination gives a better idea of how easily the scar can be removed and closed.Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon for all body contouring and breast procedures.

Revise

Thank you for the question. It is unfortunate that you had this problem but the good news is that the appearance can be greatly improved with revision. You should wait for revision until the tissues in the area are soft and supple, which will allow for better correction of the problem. Your surgeon will be able to advise you on the best time for revision. good luck!

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision

I would revise that scar.  It is unlikely to result in more necrosis, and I think your belly button looks very nice.  Sorry you had this problem, but this situation is certainly one that you can make better.Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD