Why is one breast larger than the other? (photos)

Hello! i am 25 years and and i am 2 weeks post op, i was previously a 32 A and i now have 330cc memory shape moderate plus implants. I noticed today that my left breast looks significantly larger than my right one, i know my left one was a tiny bit bigger before surgery, i dont know if my right one started to drop before my left one or what else it could be! also i noticed a gap in between my breasts, is that something that larger implants couldve reduced??

Why is one breast larger than the other?

Thanks for your question and photos.
One breast can be larger than another when 1) there was pre-existing asymmetry, 2) swelling, 3) differential implant settling, 4) fluid-collection/hematoma.
In-person examination will be needed to assess your concern better.  Please follow up with your plastic surgeon.
In regard to your cleavage, it is determined by the implant pocket and the width of your sternum.  As the implants settle, the gap can improve.

Best regards.

1 breast larger than the other

Remember that no two breasts ever look the same or heal at the same rate. Since your left was larger preop, it will still be larger and in fact, a breast augmentation can magnify the difference. You are early in your healing and appear to be tight and swollen so give your body adequate time to heal to allow the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. If you are still worried, ask to be seen by your operating surgeon so you can be properly evaluated in person. Best of luck for great results!!

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  It would have been helpful to see photos of your before your operation to determine how your results are looking right now.  However, at only two weeks post-op, you are in the very beginning stages of the healing process.  You need to wait at least three months before determining what your result looks like as your breasts need to heal, drop into place, and reduce in swelling.  Know, too, that it is not uncommon for the breasts to heal at different rates.  Moving forward, be sure that you closely follow your surgeon's instructions to ensure optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Give it time

Thank you for the question and photos.  Asymmetry and swelling is not uncommon in the post operation recovery stage after breast augmentation.  It could take a good 4-6 months for your implants to fully settle so best give it more time before judging the result. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

One breast larger

In the early postoperative phase, it's not uncommon for the breast that was larger preoperatively, to be larger postoperatively. If dissimilar size implants were placed this also can be magnified in the early postoperative course. We must also consider a hematoma or seroma on the larger side and this can be looked at quite easily with ultrasound. I recommend you go back to your plastic surgeon to discuss. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Left and right breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

#BA
#breastaugmentation
#breastaugmentationhealing
#BAhealing

Breast asymmetry

Hi

thanks for the question. If you feel this is something new over the last day or two then make an appointment with your surgeon ASAP as you could have some bleeding or fluid collecting around the implant.  It is possible that you had some asymmetry before surgery and sometimes that can be amplified unless your surgeon places different size implants in each breast.

good luck