Why do my breasts look like this after a lift? (Photo)

I had a breast lift I had large implants that were taken out. I wanted to be natural . It's been 5 months and I have s nice dent in my breast my stitches are horrible . Intimacy is out of the question I'm so embarrassed . I would like to know what needs to be done to make these look better . I paid so much I wanted to look better not worse . Thank you!

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Revision following breast lift

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you have concerns after your implant removal and a breast lift.   Revisions can correct your concerns and please discuss this with your plastic surgeon

Scarring from mastopexies

can be horrendous and you are on that side of the fence.  Revisions will have to be done to release the vertical scar so its not pulled down and to trim any other areas of excess.  Your surgeon should have a revision policy that is hopefully favorable to you so you can have this done for minimal costs.  If you were really droopy, it contributed to the type of procedure you ended up getting.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant removal and breast lift

Implant removal with an immediate breast lift is very tricky surgery.  It all has to do with shaping the breasts without compromising the blood supply to the nipple or breast tissue.  The implant leaves a gigantic hole right smack in the middle of breast where normally all of the nourishing blood vessels would be.  Also, a large implant like you had, can really thin out and distort the breast tissue and also distort the natural fold under the breast.  So that is likely why you have the result you do.  The good news?  You have plenty of breast tissue and it would likely be possible to rearrange the tissue and revise the scars and leave you pretty nice breasts.  Your original surgeon is likely your best resource since he/she knows you and your breasts and surely wants to leave you with a result you are happy with.  Your original surgeon may give you a price break. 

Good luck.  Let us know how things turn out for you.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Revision

Thank you for the photos and the problem you are experiencing can occur when removing implants is combined with a lift as tissues contract to fill the former space.  Your problem can be corrected with further surgery.  So see some experts and get their opinions after an examination and review of records

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Revision needed

Thank you for your photos and question. I am very sorry that you're feeling unhappy and frustrated with your results. I believe that the 'dent" along the vertical incision is due to the vertical pillars of breast tissue not being well approximated time of the surgery. Also, your scars are significantly above the natural fold. At five months postop, I do not think that your appearance will change without a revision. That being said, I believe you can have a significant improvement with scar revision and suturing of the breast tissue beneath the skin to correct the area of contour irregularity. Also, fat grafting may be of benefit to help correct some of the contour and volume deficiency. I suggest you meet with a plastic surgeon that has significant experience in revisionary breast surgery. Obviously I understand your frustrations and hope that you are able to achieve good result that you are happy with. Best of luck and best regards.